Monday, April 12, 2010

April 3

Last Saturday was a fun and busy day. It was Brandon's birthday! The girls were excited to wish him a happy birthday, first thing in the morning. :) The girls and I went to our favorite donut place to get donuts. We gave Brandon 20 minutes at home with some peace and quiet. I know I would consider that a gift. :) After baths, family came over. S and the two younger boys and S and D came over so we could all walk to the park. The park close to us was where the Easter egg hunt was this year. It was a sunny, breezy day, and the kids were excited. Brandon was a good sport and went along. Sadie just hung out in the stroller and watched all the activity. Analise hunted with me, and Maisie hunted with Aunt S. It worked out well. They got plenty of candy! (We had also gone to an egg hunt at the mall the day before. Analise even picked an egg with a $5 gift card to Old Navy. :)) My favorite prizes were coupons for free mini pizzas from Papa Murphy's and free coupons for our local fun center.
After we walked back to the house, everyone hung out for awhile. The kids played out back, so the adults had some time for uninterrupted conversation.
After lunch and the kids were napping, I again had to run to the grocery for more ingredients. I had tried so hard to get everything I needed at one stop.
I spent the late afternoon getting supper ready. Thankfully I had made the chocolate chip cheesecake the night before. Brandon was a help because he played the Wii with the girls so I could work by myself in the kitchen while I made the cheesecake.
We all headed over to his parents for supper and gifts. I made Philly Cheese/Meat casserole, tator tots, homemade BBQ baked beans. His mom helped by making the bread and strawberry pretzel salad. I thought it all tasted yummy. Brandon enjoyed it, so that's the important thing.
We had a lot of fun being together with family. It was a bonus having S and D there, along with GG Muriel.
The girls with their 5 second turn with the bunny. :)


I've now celebrated 10 birthdays with him!



No comments: