Tuesday, April 13, 2010

He is Risen

He is Risen indeed! I love Easter...the spring air, coloring eggs, and rejoicing over our Risen Savior! This year the girls understood more about the real meaning of Easter, and they loved the Resurrection Eggs. We would go through them at dinner and talk about the history. Here is Analise going through the eggs with her sisters.

Sunday morning was a typical busy morning. The girls didn't think about looking for their baskets, and I didn't remind them. :) After a great church service, we came home long enough for me to make cheesy potatoes. While I was in the kitchen, the girls found their baskets of goodies. Analise got Connect 4 and some gardening gloves and gum balls. Maisie got some new sunglasses, bubbles and gumballs. Sadie got bubbles and cookies. They were all excited. Well done, Easter Bunny, well done. We then headed over for the family Easter meal. It was delicious! The girls found their baskets from Grandma/pa outside. It was actually nice enough to be out there. Yeah! The girls in the backyard...

A Handsome dad and his delightful daughters

Look at all that estrogen!

Ages 6, 3, 2

We enjoyed time with family at lunch and then celebrating D's birthday. The girls had lots of fun and were sad when we had to leave. After we came home we finally colored eggs. I wanted to do it yesterday, but we ran out of time. The girls loved it! Analise was independent. Maisie needed a little help, and Sadie stayed patiently in her booster for me to help her. There was only one spill...and that came from me! The girls then played outside with their new goodies. The bubbles and new bubble mowers were a hit. I hid eggs in the backyard, and the girls had more fun looking for them. It was a great "family" moment -all three girls happy, enjoying life. As a mom, I savor those moments.
My prayer is that all three girls know Jesus as their Risen Savior!



No comments: