Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Reflections...

Thoughts going through my heart and mind...

First, this past weekend was a blast! Brandon and I were able to leave the kids with grandparents (thank you!) for 28 hours and enjoy a wonderful time together. We drove three hours away where we met up with dear family and friends for a nice meal out. That in itself is a luxury these days. Then we walked downtown for the concert of the decade...MWS and SCC! It was a little taste of Heaven. It was three hours full of laughter, tears and praise.
Brandon and I then spent the night, got up the next morning and went to the college football game. It had been eight years since I last went, so I was excited! We sat in the end zone, 71 rows up, but we could still see really well. I liked watching the game from this angle. The weather was beautiful, and I learned that I can burn in Oct.! It was even more fun when our team won.

Today is the year marker for a big event last year...an event that began to rock our world. To be honest, it wasn't the first even to rock us. That event was a few weeks prior.
We had celebrated the weekend with my parents being here and having lots of fun. That Monday we were taking them back to the airport (2 hours away. Have you learned that all the "real fun stuff" is two hours away? :)) My dad was driving, and I didn't feel quite right. As we neared a rest area, I knew I needed to stop. My worst fear seemed to be coming true...I was bleeding heavily. I knew then, without a doubt, that though this pregnancy caught me by surprise, I didn't want to lose my baby. Sobbing, I went out to the car to tell my parents. My dad remained calm while looking for the nearest turn around, and I called Brandon at work telling him what was happening. I sobbed the 45 minutes home, but I did get a glimmer of hope while talking to my sister in law. My dad drove as fast as he could to get me to the ER. Here's where is gets a little exciting...as we pulled off the exit ramp, we saw an old pick up truck, with an old man standing by the door. We we came up the ramp, then the man got in the truck and pulled in front of us. I think we all thought, "Aww..now we have to pass this slow, old truck." Sure enough, he was headed in the same direction we were and even turned on the country road we wanted. However, this man must have driven 90 mph, because my dad was going almost that fast and never caught up with him. Plus, we passed no other cars the entire five miles on that road. To this day we believe it was an angel paving the way for us. Still gives me goosebumps!
We arrived at the ER where I met up with Brandon. It seemed like forever, but we were able to get an ultrasound (fearing the worst and praying for the best). As soon as the tech started, I saw that little heart beating. Praise God! As far as we know it looked like I had a slight tear in my placenta. My doctor just "happened" to be there...another God thing. We visited and knew then that things were a little shaky. I was put on bed rest until further notice.
And here I am a year later, holding my Sadie a little longer while she slept in my arms. A year ago I didn't know if I would even get that chance. A year ago I didn't know if I would ever hear my baby laugh like I did today when Analise had her laughing like I haven't heard before. One thing I did know a year ago, that God would be and is faithful - no matter what you're going through.

6 comments:

Karla said...

Pam, Praise God for His faithfulness...His mercies truly are new and fresh every day that He gives us breath!! It was so great talking with you today...

Love you lots! Karla

WifeandMom said...

Happy one-year-celebrating-Sadie's-miracle-day! Remember how Nov. 1st is my day to celebrate my miracle called Aaron? Wow, what a journey of blessings. Happy to share it with you sister!

Dusty said...

It's hard to read without the tears welling up. I never tire of hearing/reading about God's tender mercies and the tiny, extra special blessings throughout all those months. Rejoicing again for sweet Sadie!

PBJJ said...

That is such a fun story Pam! Praise God for His love for us...what a blessing it has been to me and countless others to share in your sweet Sadie's journey! I love reading your blog...keep them coming! How was the concert? I wish I could have been there!!! :)

Rachel said...

What a fantastic story of God's faithfulness. Can't wait to meet her.

Reba said...

What an amazing example of God's faithfulness and love to pass on to your children.

Wasn't the concert amazing?