Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sadie - Seven Months




Seven months already - I can hardly believe it! My pulmonolgist called yesterday and thought Sadie's oximeter readings looked pretty good from a couple of weeks ago. He suggested I try having Sadie alternate nights of being on and off her O2 for a week to see how she does. If she seems more restless or doesn't eat as well, that could indicate she isn't ready to be finished with it. Last night was the first night without O2, and she did great. She slept just as well as other nights. Praise!
I took her to the doctor today to see about her weight gain for the last month. She was 11 pounds a month ago, and today she weighed 12-6. Doctor is pleased. However, I told her that the cereal she is getting is in a bottle, because she pushes it out with her tongue when I try to feed her. She told me to keep trying to feed her every day and to try adding some real baby food to help the flavor. I guess in my mind I know she is seven months, but her adjusted age is really five months. I know neither of my other girls were ready to eat until five months. I'll keep praying. She got her first flu shot, so we get part two next month. Next month we will also start the monthly shots to help protect her against RSV. Praise the Lord that insurance is covering this because each shot is ~$1500!
We have much to be thankful with this little munchkin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so glad things are going so well with Sadie. She is a miracle--well all kids are hers was just a little bigger than the average. Enjoy not having a tail Sadie!

Doug and Tammy

Reba said...

She is so precious. I cannot believe it has been 7 months since she was born! I remember worrying about and praying for you many times while you were waiting for her...now she is here and growing like crazy. Oh, I don't think Hunter was interested in food before 6 months old if then! And it certainly hasn't stopped his appetite. :)
Reba