Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Maisie Moments


Up and down, up and down...that's how Maisie has been the last couple of days. She's either joyful and happy or whiney and clingy. I much prefer the happy Maisie! I don't know if she is working on her two year molars. It would be nice if she could tell me.
We can add another word to Maisie's vocabulary; that brings the total to about 11.
:) We learned this week that she could say the word "mom." But she would never call me mom. Until a little bit ago...she was in her room for nap time, and I heard her call, "Mom, Mom..." I truly believe she was calling for me. My heart about melted.
If my heart melted today, it laughed last night. I take Maisie to a Kindermusik class once a week. It's some good 1-1 time, and she just loves going. She loves to do actions, and use her entire body to learn. Anyway, there is a story time on a story blanket. Unlike Analise who would sit to still and quiet for the story, Maisie is again up and down. During part of the story the teacher asks the kids to look in their pockets for some imaginary seeds to plant. Maisie had two small front pockets, so she followed along. However, the second time she looked for seeds, she dug around hard enough her pants fell down to her ankles! Wouldn't you know it, this was one time she was up on the blanket for all to see. It was so funny!
I was reflecting today and realized it's been almost a year since Maisie's little miracle. During her first year of life she had a blocked tear duct so her eye was always watery and goobery. Most clear up on their own, but her eye just didn't. We saw an eye doctor and scheduled a common procedure to open it for her. However we kept praying for it to open so she wouldn't have to be put under for the procedure. Well, God answered less than a week before her appointment. It cleared up on its own. PTL! We are praying now for Maisie to start talking so we can communicate even better, and maybe she wouldn't be so easily frustrated.

1 comment:

Reba said...

We will keep praying. The language will come. My heart melted too on the "Mommy" part. I am still waiting for that from Joshua. I also laughed about the pants...I bet that was a sight. :) Have a great weekend!
Reba