Monday, June 25, 2012

Wedding Hosts

I have been a bridesmaid about six times. I've been the mother of a flower girl three times. I had never been a hostess - until June 2. Tabitha and Jesse asked Brandon and me to be their host couple for their wedding. We were honored and excited to be a part of their special day.
It was an evening wedding, and the weather was perfect. We got there early to welcome the guests; I stood inside with one daughter, while the other two would open the door with Brandon. I'm sure Brandon got a lot more comments on how cute the girls were than I did. There is something about seeing a dad with a daughter that make people comment.
Anyway, the girls did well during the ceremony. I read some scripture and didn't get too nervous. The funny part was when Tabitha and Jesse walked out, Maisie said in her "I think I am quiet but really not" voice, "Now Tabitha is going to  have a baby!"
After the ceremony, we stood at the bottom of the stairs to direct people to the reception hall. The girls had a blast standing there and simply pointing. Human signs. Funny.

We were the last ones to go through the receiving line, so we took a little longer with them. Here are the girls with the newlyweds!

Since the reception started about 9:00, and we had a 30 minute ride home, we didn't stick around. We got some cake and ice cream and ate it in the truck. We needed to get home because we were leaving town the next day. We may have gone home bit tired, but we were so thankful to be a part of it!

No comments: