Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Season Finale

As a mom, I know there are many different seasons in life. And this season it seemed that we  had several "lasts." And quite honestly, I struggled with some of them; I wanted time to stand still. Here are a few:

We've been able to have Analise at Awana game time the last three years, and we loved it. We will definitely miss having her next year, but we look forward to having Maisie.

We started going to Kindermusik when Analise was 6 months old. Each daughter went for a few semesters, and it was a special time for both them and me. We've always ended when they start preschool, so we are officially finished with it. So sad. Many great memories - thanks dad!
Whenever Sadie had free time with the instruments, she always chose these.

Sweet, sweet Ms. T

Maisie had some special lunch dates with Aunt Sarah during her preschool years. She loved it so much she would frequently tell or ask Aunt Sarah when she could come over...and she would tell her to check her calendar. :) Aunt Sarah would pick up Maisie, maybe run an errand, and then go to her house for popcorn chicken and Cheetos. They would play with Ginger some and then come back home. Thanks Aunt Sarah for these sweet times. She will miss them!

Another last - preschool is over for  Miss Maisie. Oh how she will miss it!

We've had the privilege of having some special college kids in our lives the last 2-3 years, with these twins being the most special. It started with Twin 1 coming over once a week to watch Maisie so I could go help in Kdg. It blossomed from there. Twin 2 would come over to hang out. Either one would babysit. They came over for meals, attended the girls' events, and we did several Bible studies together. Now one is married and both are moving away. I still feel a void in my life without them.

A big, and rather sudden last - we are switching schools for the girls next year. I didn't go looking for it, but I felt the Holy Spirit prompting me and then making it very clear in just a matter of days that this was best for the girls and our family. Analise handled the news well, but I was still sad the last day I dropped her off at school and saw our favorite para give Analise a hug when she walked in the building. We were happy at that school, but we also look forward to the new one. 

And the toughest of all - saying a final goodbye to my grandmother. This picture was the last time we were with her. Love that smile. And as hard as that was, when I was at the funeral with ALL the other family members - some I haven't seen for years, I realized this, too, may be a last. I was somber as we drove away from GR, knowing it's not likely that my entire family will be together like that again.(This side of Heaven) I had fond memories of playing with cousins, spending holidays together, attending graduations, and they will always have a special place in my heart.
As hard as it is to see these times end, I will forever be grateful to my Lord for the times we had.

1 comment:

Reba said...

So many special memories. Sometimes the "lasts" are more difficult than the "firsts". I had no idea about the school thing. Hugs to you as you start new memories.