Friday, January 11, 2013

Roadtrip to Lincoln

 A couple of weeks after our trip to Omaha, we took a family trip to Lincoln. It was our night to use our volleyball tickets. Yeah! We had three tickets, so Analise went with us. Needless to say, she was thrilled. We took Maisie and Sadie  over to Tabitha and Jesse's to spend the evening. They were excited, too. Everyone was happy, so you've got to love that.
I just love Husker volleyball, and I love the Coliseum they play in. And I knew this was the last year in this venue, so that is why I really wanted to go. And I am so thankful we could.


 Huskers beat the Hoosiers

 We spent the night in a new hotel (thanks to hotel points) and spent the next morning swimming. Actually, I forgot my swimsuit. (And not on purpose. :)) The rest of them spent a couple of hours swimming and having a great time.  While they swam, I went to Kohl's on a mission. Santa was planning ahead.



 We had a great weekend. I loved getting away as a family. I loved the girls having fun with Tabitha and Jesse. I loved how Tabitha and Jesse loved their time with the girls. I loved being at the volleyball game with a husband who enjoyed it, too, and a daughter who loves learning more about the game.  And so all my birthday gifts come to and end, and like said, this was one of my best birthdays ever. 

When we packed for the trip, I told the girls to  pack their backpacks with things to do in the van. Not far down the road, Analise pulls out her globe. A globe. We laughed so hard. Sadie had one slipper in her backpack. And Maisie's funny was she was quiet, looking out the window when she announced, "I just counted to a million.!"


No comments: