Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Season of Thanks

 November - a season to focus on thankfulness. My pictures are in no particular order, but since it's January, I am going with it. Above is the five of us on Thanksgiving. We are full and content. And thankful!
Sadie had a feast at school. She makes a cute, little Indian.
 We spent Thanksgiving Day with family in town. Some of Bill's family came from Hastings and Texas.
Here is Sarena with Grandma Muriel, Danny and Grandpa
My youngest nephew


 At dinner time during this month, we talked about thankfulness and each named one thing we were thankful for and wrote it  on a leaf. We then hung them on the patio door. I have to say, that green grass looks so nice right now.
 This is the leaf from the first night we named something we are thankful for. It's hard to read, so let me help. Maisie was thankful for 4 wheelers.
Sadie was thankful for race cars.
Analise was thankful for monster trucks.
My oh my.
 After a few nights of talking about meaningful things to be thankful for, Sadie comes home from preschool with this cute picture frame. She has two meaningful things on her list. Two. My oh my.
 Again this is hard to read. Maisie did this craft, and it made me smile. Maisie has struggled with her speech since she was little. And now as she begins to write, I learn how she hears words and thus says them that way. For example:
"I daku (thank you) for my mom."
"I daku for my dog."
Since then she clearly says thank you. I am glad I made the list with the dog. Poor Brandon. :)
 The day after Thanksgiving, we went back to the Luke hub to watch the Huskers play. Lots of red, white and fun times in the house. Here the kids tackle Uncle Dave.
 Maisie kindly shared her headband with Uncle Derek
 The ladies in all three Husker colors


I want to remember the Weds. night before Thanksgiving. It was 7pm, and I was getting ready to run to the mall for something. As I put on my coat, Maisie comes out of the bathroom and tells me her potty was all red. That stopped me in my tracks. I asked her a few questions, called Sarah and decided to take her into urgent care. I had nothing to go on besides what she told me and that is was "hot" when she went potty.
I had her drink water on the way there, but even then we weren't able to get much for a UA. More potty went on my hand then in the cup. The joys of motherhood, I guess. The doc on call said her UA showed some sign on infection, and since it hurt when she went potty, and it was the night before Thanksgiving, she put Maisie on an antibiotic. And I was thankful. We didn't want a miserable 6 year old on Thanksgiving!
Lord, we are thankful....and for more than things on wheels that go fast.

No comments: