Friday, January 11, 2013

A Quick Get Away

Brandon and I were able to leave on a Saturday morning for Omaha. We dropped off the girls at Grandma and Grandpa's house and headed out. The girls were excited to be there, and we were so thankful for them taking care of the girls.
When we first got to Omaha, we went to Borsheims to get our rings cleaned. While they were getting cleaned, we ate lunch at Paradise Cafe. They have my favorite tomato soup. We then went to a mall so I could do some shopping. First stop - The Buckle. I really wanted some Miss Jean blingy jeans, so I tried on MANY pair and finally found some to buy Yeah! Next stop - Maurice's. I wasn't impressed with much in the store, but Brandon was helpful in picking things out for me to try. So I ended up getting some things...even though I was "thrilled" with my purchase.
By then it was dinner time, so we went to The Cheesecake Factory. I love their Chicken Carbonara. So good. So not healthy. We weren't sure what to do next; we both wanted to see a movie, but there wasn't anything good showing. So we spent over an hour at Dick's. I love that store. We had so much fun just walking around looking at things. Brandon can really make me laugh when we shop at those stores. We finally headed to our hotel where we curled up and watched the NE vs MI football game. Brandon relaxed while doing other things, and I read while watching the game. For me that was total relaxation. I was able to watch a game without a certain daughter talking/asking questions the entire time.
Sunday morning we slept in and then hit Kohl's, Sports Authority, and finished with lunch at Biaggi's. For Brandon's sake we went to Cabela's before heading home. Finally a store that he enjoys.
We picked up the girls in the late afternoon, and we were ready to be with them again. I really appreciate a husband that is willing to go away with me to do things that I enjoy but wouldn't be his choice of how to spend a weekend. And we had a good time. We enjoyed meals with good conversation. We laughed a lot. And we both relaxed. Something we both needed.

Now for the ending of the story. The jeans I bought stretched while I wore them. So they didn't fit anymore. I took them back to the Buckle where I tried on more jeans. Went home with another pair, and I wasn't excited about them. So a couple of weeks later, I went back to the Buckle, AGAIN. And I tried on about 15 more pair. Finally, I found "the pair." Ready for this....skinny jeans! I said I would never buy skinny jeans. And guess what? I love them!  Later in talking with someone from church who works for the Buckle, I learned there are about 85 different fits of jeans in their stores. And I only tried on about 30! And then when you add the pockets and stitching, there are almost 200 styles/fits. Amazing. And I found one I love. They aren't Miss Me's like I wanted, but these are more practical. :)
And then...I took most of my things back to Maurice's and exchanged them for things I liked even more. Plus I had coupons this time, so I came home with more for less. I guess I learned that I don't need the big cities to get my shopping fix. Though it is fun to get away. And my dear hubby, took me away, and then I ended up getting more things local. What a man. What a man.

No comments: