Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ballet Emmanuel

Our church had the opportunity for a ministry called Ballet Emmanuel to come teach ballet to our kids. Besides dancing around the house, my girls have never done anything "formal" with dance or ballet. However, when I knew this ministry was coming to teach the girls not only ballet, but how to worship the Lord, it seemed like a great opportunity. I knew Maisie would love it; I figured Sadie would, too. I just wasn't sure about Analise. It turned out that all three were excited to go.
I dropped of Maisie and Sadie on Friday evening from 5-7:15. Brandon, Analise and I went out to eat at Old Chicago while they were there. I don't remember the last time just the three of us went out to eat.
Saturday was Analise's turn. She was there from 12:30 until the show at 7:00. Brandon and I went up to help with dinner (feeding pizza to all 60 girls age 4 and up) and getting them ready in their costumes. Brandon was such a trooper in helping. I'm sure it wasn't a dream night helping girls get ready for a ballet. :)
I have to say, this performance was SO cute and God honoring. The four dancers in this ministry were so sweet, kind and taught the girls a lot in a little bit of time. The dancers told the story of Noah through dance and Christian songs. The girls were divided into age groups, and each group performed in one song. Maisie and Sadie were animals for the song about Noah's ark.
Here is my elephant:
 And my fierce looking lion. :)
Unfortunately, I don't have good pictures, but I do have video of these sweet, sweet performances. Maisie was so fun to watch; she enjoyed it so much. Sadie was just as cute to watch as she followed the instructor and did everything she knew she needed to do.


 Analise's age group didn't have an instructor on stage; they did it from memory. Analise was on the side of the stage, but she had the entire routine memorized. I could tell she was having fun!

I am so glad we had this opportunity, and if you want more information on Ballet Emmanuel, let me know. I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

AK/Mom/Grams said...

Our church has a great ballet program. It is absolutly beautiful to watch! I just love your posts, I cannot tell you that enough times!