Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mountain Fun

While we were driving back from the lake a couple of weeks ago, Brandon talked with his friend, N, who lives in the mountains. He told us to come visit sometime. Well, the more Brandon and I talked about it, the more we realized that the next weekend was the only weekend we had available for awhile.  We put the plan in action, and Brandon was able to get Friday off from work.  I packed and got ready on Thursday, so when he got home, he packed up, and off we went! We made the drive in less than six hours, and we only had to make one stop. It was so fun to see N and his nice new house.
Friday morning we were getting ready when I realized I didn't pack any makeup. It was such a bad feeling; I was not going to go three days without makeup. Bless Brandon's heart - not only did he tell me I was beautiful without makeup, but he also knew I wanted some. So we headed out early to the nearest place, and I got just the essentials.
We enjoyed a yummy breakfast on his back patio, and the girls loved playing with their 18 month old son, K.
After breakfast we walked to a really nice park.





After the park we went out for lunch with Chick-fil-A. Mmmm to my tum. The girls then rested/napped back at the house. After they were up we went to the local rec center; this place was amazing!!!  We spent a couple of hours swimming both inside and out. All summer I had wanted to go swimming as a family, so I was thrilled it happened.
Sadie waiting to get in the water

The indoor pool area had all sorts of fun things to do.
My favorite was the lazy river. It was warm like bath water, and we could just relax and float.
Thank you to N and J for letting us come to your lovely home. We all enjoyed it so much!  It was good to visit with each of you, and the girls adored your sweet son. :)

We left their place around 5:00, made a quick stop at Kohl's and then ate dinner at Chipolte. From there we went on a little adventure - for me. Ikea was having their grand opening of their new store, and I had never been to an Ikea before. (But I have had friends and family who have raved about them.) We were really close, so Brandon agreed to humor me, and we went. It was unbelievable; there were traffic signs and radio stations designated to the grand opening. We were in a long line to park, and there were attendants everywhere. We felt like we were going to a large sporting event. Once we got inside, we walked with a mob of people around the store. It was crazy fun!  I didn't buy anything, because I didn't feel like waiting in line to check out. Now I can say I have been to in Ikea, thanks to my husband. :)
We then drove an hour south to Dave and Sarena's house. They were at a wedding when we arrived, but we went in and got the girls to bed. They came home a little later, so we visited some before going to bed. We were all tired, so we didn't stay up too late.

This was our view as we left Ikea - stunning.


2 comments:

Reba said...

What a fun time! So glad you were able to do that together!

seth + justine said...

LOVE ikea.. glad you got to experience the madness. can't wait to check out the denver store! love the mountains, too.. looks like you had such an awesome trip!