Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Life Takes Over

And we are getting in the groove. Analise is loving school and seems to be doing well. For as much as she chatters, she doesn't give me the play by play of her day. I ask questions, and she will fill me in. Last week at the library, I checked out a book to surprise her, and I got something a little more challenging for her - a Junie B. Jones book. She was thrilled! At dinner time, I saw this: and my heart just melted and I thought, "That's me!" I always read at the dinner table! (not during dinner...) And she read in the van on the way to music class. This is the first time she has read a book to herself. I was as excited as she was. And she finished the book in about two days, and she comprehended most of it. Not too shabby for a girl who just started first grade. From a mother who loves to read a good book, I'm proud of you, Analise!



The girls love to play outside, and we are glad to have some patio in the backyard. The latest thing is for Maisie to ride here bike and Analise to follow on her plasma car. They are connected with a jump rope, and Analise pretends she is on a jet ski. This particular day they decided to wear their goggles while they played. I found it quite humorous.


Corn on the cob...love, love, love it! This year Sadie ate hers on the cob, and I had to cut it off for Analise. Sadie would make it a meal if I let her. I took two nights and froze several bags of corn, so I am hoping it will last us until next corn season. My girls helped shuck, and I appreciated it!

After looking and talking about vehicles for six months, we finally made a purchase this past weekend. Here are the girls playing in the bed. They thought it was so cool.



Maisie started preschool this week. I dropped her off, and there were no tears or emotions from either of us. At lunch I told Brandon I wasn't emotional and wondered why. He said that only a woman could get emotional over not being emotional and trying to figure it all out. True. I was excited for Maisie, and since it's at our church, I think that made it easier. However, two years from now when she starts Kdg, I know for sure I'll be emotional.


I finally took Maisie for her 4 year well child check. I told her from the moment we left there would be no shots. She told everyone at the clinic she was not getting a shot. She weighed in at 30.5 lbs (15%) and was 40 inches tall. (50%) She is right on track for everything, and she looked good. However, there is now a new booster vaccine that she needed. Poor girl! I apologized to her over and over. This vaccine really effected her; she ran a temp later in the day, and if I didn't keep meds in her, she would limp along and barely walk. 24 hours later she was fine.

Brandon has been working MANY hours. He's been busy since last November, but these next few months are even busier. He's been working about 12 hour days and some Saturdays. Last week he was out of town for four days. Again, the week went better thanks to family and friends! My dear husband does not complain, even though he doesn't like it any more than I do. The girls are getting used to starting dinner without him. (Sad :( ) And I am learning a new role in our marriage. Most times I do okay, but two weeks ago I had a meltdown. Just ask my sis in law. :) A couple of weeks ago on a Saturday morning the girls and I took donuts to him at work. We sat at the table outside his office and enjoyed breakfast together. We all enjoyed it. Then before I left, I vacuumed the upstairs, since I knew it was bothering him. The girls like to play with the whiteboard and with his little John Deere tractors.
My lady's Bible study started this past week. We had about 50 moms! I love these two hours of my week. I learn from my study in God's Word, but I also learn from these women. Sadie did well in her Bible Club class.
Brandon's sister is getting married this fall. Yeah! So over Labor Day weekend, my sis in law, S, and I put together a shower for S. We put lots of time into it by planning and shopping. One day we got to shop without the girls, and one time they came with us. It was a lot of fun, and the shower went well. It was a family shower, and we had over 20 people there. I took Analise with me, and it was special for me to have her there. I know she will remember this shower and wedding.
I will end with a couple of funnies:
After I was finished disciplining Sadie, she looked at me and said, "You grumpy, mommy."
Analise was eating a Pop tart at breakfast and asked me, "Does this have any soil in it?"
Me: "Soil?"
Analise, "Yeah, my friend from school can't have foods with milk or soil (soy) in it. :)
Grandma used her handy sewing skills to sew the huge hole in Maisie's favorite blanket. Grandma asked Maisie how the hole got there, and Maisie replied, "God made it that way."
Last night as dinner Maisie saw we were having noodles. She said, "We had noodles at little dinner, too!" (lunch)
Maisie was on the toilet when she realized she had no toilet paper, so she yells, "Mommy, I need more newspaper!"




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your girls say some funny things! Thanks for making me laugh on a Monday morning!