Thursday, May 22, 2008

She's Home!



The day has finally arrived...Sadie is home! I remember being in the hospital and flipping the calendar to February and wondering if May would ever come. The doctors said from the beginning that she would come home around her due date, and they were right! She was home one day before her due date.
Brandon and I were excited to go get her, but we will miss the great nurses and doctors. The nurses will miss Sadie as well.
Sadie slept the entire two hour drive home, so that was nice. She had a good first night at home. I have to wake her every three hours to feed her, so I am up an hour, sleep two hours...the night goes quickly and morning comes too soon.
Analise just LOVES having her baby sister home and is doing a great job with her. She is so sensitive that the first time she heard Sadie crying, Analise almost had tears, too. Though Sadie is home, we aren't quite a family of five - Maisie has a fever, so she is staying at her grandparents.
It's an odd feeling to have a newborn at home and feeling so well. I'm used to feeling slow and sore with a new baby at home.
We are getting used to Sadie having long "tails" wherever we go. She's on oxygen and the apnea monitor. So far we haven't had any alarms, and we pray we don't!
We are just in awe and thankful to God to be here alive where we are.

15 comments:

Dillan Family said...

I'm so happy for your little family. Praise God for the work he is doing in your life.

Anonymous said...

Hooray, Sadie is home! What a blessing! I love the pictures you post - they are precious. Sadie is a doll. You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Continued blessings,
Misty

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your homecoming!!! It's such a big and wonderful step for your family! Enjoy your baby girl!
God Bless,

Krissy Karsten

Anonymous said...

As Gillian would say,"Woooohoooo!" We are SO excited for you guys! You have all been such an example of trusting in God and following his plan.

Aren't "tails" fun?! Gracelyn still has her apnea monitor tails as well.

We're praying for continued smooth transition and no alarms! :)

Love always,
Jenner and the Carter family

Reba said...

Praise God! I thought about you all day yesterday. I was hoping she was on her way home. I love seeing the pictures and hope you will continue to update here on occasion...I love seeing you all even if I cannot really see you all in person! What a wonderful answer to prayer.
Reba

Anonymous said...

YEAH!! I knew you were so close. Please do call me with any concerns or questions. I would love to hear how she is doing. I know you guys are doing well with her!
May God give you energy and patience as you handle 3 kids with interrupted sleep!
Jess

Nancy H. said...

Congratulations on having Sadie - it was a long road but in the end we all can say God is Good - His mercies never cease and He IS faithful! We will be praying for you all as you adjust. What wonderful news!!! Love Nancy =)

Linds said...

What a sweet homecoming! We are so thankful that God is so faithful and has brought you all to this time:) Enjoy the moments!

Anonymous said...

Love It!!! She is adorable-Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy-God bless you and keep you all-Georgiana

PBJJ said...

God is so good! I am so happy that Sadie is finally home where she belongs! She and Analiese look so happy together...I will pray for Maisie to feel better soon so she can be home with you all!
So thankful for your joy! Love, Pamela

Dusty said...

I'm so happy to hear she's officially home! You look so peaceful in the picture with you, Sadie and Analise. It's great to see a real smile radiate from you again!

Anonymous said...

PTL!!! I am so happy for all of you that things have went so well with her development. You have been so blessed through this entire experience and I am so happpy that she is home where she belongs now.
Annette

Anonymous said...

Pam and Brandon,
I loved reading the great news! Can't wait to meet little Sadie at church. (I'm guessing it will be a few weeks??) The pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy this holiday weekend together as one! Hopefully Maisie will be home, too.
JOYFULLY :),
Jean K.

Anonymous said...

God is good...all the time, God is good.

Love you! Karla H.

Unknown said...

Hey Pam! The day is finally here! We are celebrating with you to have Sadie at home. We will continue to pray for those little lungs and for Maysie's fever! I can't wait to see a picture of all 3 girls! love, Steph Betts