Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day



Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. It was a good day in the Luke household. I am very thankful to be alive to celebrate this day with my husband and two girls. I missed having my third one with us. I guess I was able to celebrate with her yesterday. Brandon and I were able to spend about four hours with her, and the time flies! Sadie nursed some and also took a bottle for me. She just kept getting sleepy. While she slept, both Brandon and I were able to snuggle with her. I was also able to give her a bath...lots of fun! She doesn't even fuss.
Sadie also saw other family members this weekend. Grandma and Grandpa Luke stopped in on Friday to see her. When they walked in the room, Sadie was in a bouncer. They said it was fun to see her that way. Also, A. Sarena was able to see Sadie for a short time.
The doctor this weekend told us that Sadie is getting closer to coming home and to plan on a couple of weeks. The countdown is beginning!
I just talked with her nurse and learned that she has taken several full feedings in a row. Yeah! She has to master this before she can come home. They are going to try keeping her oxygen level at 90 cc to help her stay more "alert" so she can continue to feed and grow. They aren't concerned about the oxygen effecting her eyes anymore since she is older and her eyes are looking good. Her weight this weekend was 5 lb. 10 oz. We are still praying for her lung development and also for the transition home. She will probably come home with the oxygen and monitor. We will have training with all the equipment before we bring her home, but I still get a little nervous thinking about it all. God continues to see us through each and every day!

4 comments:

Reba said...

Happy Mother's Day! I was so hoping that she would be home before today, but I am thrilled to hear that it won't be much longer. She is really growing! Hunter was 5 pounds 12 ounces when born (late). So though it is small it is still big compared to where she started. :) I do hope you had a special day of love and appreciation.
Reba

Dillan Family said...

what a sweetie. happy mother's day to one woman whose been through a lot this year. i'm continuing to pray for little sadie.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! I just love seeing pictures of Sadie...she has grown so much! I wish we lived closer so we could get our tiny gals together. :) Gracelyn was 5 lbs, 12 oz. on Friday when I took her to the doctor for her 1 month checkup...so Sadie is going to catch her yet! I am so happy you are on the final stretch to bring her home...we will pray for the transition. Gracelyn is still on her monitor too...it is overwhelming at first, but everyday I get more used to it. Hope you have a wonderful week with lots of progress. Thanks for keeping us all updated--you are amazing! And God is SO GOOD!!!
Love,
Jenner

Anonymous said...

Pam,
I thought about you and your family this Mother's Day. How things could have been so much different had you not chosen to trust God and follow His leading. What a blessing you are to your children! And such a witness to all of us watching from the sidelines! Go Pam, Go! You rock!

Jean Kolbo