Friday, January 22, 2016

Maisie is 9


Never mind the fact that Maisie's birthday was almost six months ago...

It was fun having a birthday on a Saturday; it meant we could celebrate all day long.
We started off right - with donuts, the birthday bear (which no longer sings :)), the hat and special plate. 
Such a silly girl!

Later that morning, I took her for a surprise, something she had been wanting to do for a long time - pedicures! It was fun and special having that 1-1 time with her.
Later in the afternoon we hid her gifts, and she loved finding and opening them.
I have to admit, I had shopped last minute for some things, but I did well!
 

Later afternoon she had a real treat. Her oldest cousin, who had just turned 16 less than two weeks prior, asked if he would take her to DQ. 
She felt so loved and had a great time!

We were able to celebrate with family on her real day. Looks like from the picture we had tostados, chips and dips, corn on the cob, and fruit with dip.

All ready to open gifts looking cute in her new scarf.

They have a birthday a week a part; I just love this picture.
Maisie wanted an angel food cake with strawberries, so I went even better than that. :) I tried a new recipe that is similar to angel food cake but a bit denser, a homemade frosting and more of her favorite fruits. Thankfully it turn out yummy, and she was happy.


That night at dinner we asked Maisie some questions. And wouldn't you know it, I can't find those answers for the life of me.
However, we did share what we loved about Maisie and a blessing for her the coming year. THAT, I have.
Maisie, know you are loved; here's the proof:
Grandma - your smiles ad hugs, and you're always interested in whether or not someone knows Jesus. 
Kaleb - you are always ready to do things with the others
Braylen - always energetic, a ball of energy and smiling
Me - I like our deep, spiritual conversations that we have
Dad - you look out for the feelings of others
Analise - loves when you are super hyper because it makes her laugh
Sadie - because you're brave
Grandpa - brave, happy and always have a big hug
Sarah - she loves that you enjoy the same things like water, ice cream, fruit, gymnastics
Aaron - always cheerful and up for something fun
Most of your blessings this year is that you would fall more in love with Jesus and enjoy Mrs. Bennett and your third grade year.

And since you're half way through, I can say you are enjoying it. Sure, there are days that aren't as fun, and I can always tell because your hand writing is sloppy in your planner those days. Your class is chatty, but you like each person. You are very sensitive to friends and friendships, so there have been many nights this year that you say, "Mom, I need to talk to you," as I tuck you in at night.
You've learned your multiplication facts, and you like cursive. 
You have LOVED getting to spend time with the older Alzheimer's residents that come to school. Truly, you have a gift for those people. Mrs. Bennett sees it, too.
You're participating in gym and dance this year. Gym you always enjoy; dance is give and take. You have persevered though and learned some new dances, which make you proud.
And you get to help in the church nursery, which you love! And I enjoy that time in there with you, too. 
Maisie, I pray you always stay sensitive to the Holy Spirit, and when you have those days where you struggle with being filled with the Spirit, I pray you learn to ask Him for help. 
Thanks for making me laugh, pray more as a mom, your hugs, your kind notes, the funny things you say, and simply being you. My life only got better 9(1/2) years ago!


No comments: