Sunday, July 6, 2014

Vacation

We left early June for our family vacation. I was ready to get away, and the girls were as thrilled as always to go to Grandmom and Pops's house.  We got a late start on the road due to a new bike rack and having to load that.  The girls were great travelers despite the rain. We pulled into their drive at 12:15 am.  And my dad was sitting in the driveway waiting for us! Isn't that just the sweetest thing?

We all went to church together on Sunday. Sadie cracked me up; as we sang some new to us songs, she looked at me and asked,"Is this Spanish?" 

That afternoon we made a trip to the mall and then to Dicks. The girls were troopers as we shopped.  Riding the carousal always helps.  

Monday was a fun day, but we missed having mom with us. She had to go to meetings all day. Dad and the five of us made a full day of running errands. The first thing we did was so special to me.  He took us to a music store where he could test Analise on different instruments to see how she did.  How many kids get this experience?  It was so funny and yet so sweet at the same time. We learned that Analise has some options on what she could play. She did well with the reed; she was a natural with the trumpet.  She also did really well with percussion. She is not a natural flute player. I told my dad later that I have seen him coach volleyball for many years, but I never got to see him teach an instrument. Not many men can do both!  Thanks dad for taking the time to work with her; I have it treasured in my heart.



 
 And while we shopped at Kohls, Pops had the girls pose so cute:

No comments: