Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wet Wednesday

Wednesday didn't quite go like I had hoped and planned. We woke up to cloudy, cool weather with a good chance of rain. So after breakfast at the hotel, we loaded up and headed for the bike trail  I had read about. We felt a little rushed with the hopes of staying dry.
We found a good starting point and began our bike ride. We rode about eight miles where we came to a pretty view of the bay. We spent time here resting, skipping rocks and enjoying the scenery.

 You can't tell from this picture, but I have about 4 layers on trying to stay warm.

By the time we rode our eight miles back to the van, we got rained on. Not a hard rain, but it was enough to get us damp. I was ready to sit in my dry van.
We drove to downtown Petoskey where we went to restaurant number one. Neither of us could find something that our palate was craving, so I quickly looked on Trip Advisor for another place. We ended up at American Spoon, a cute sit down restaurant. We could only laugh though when the waitress brought us our menus; the choices were even less appealing than the first stop.  But we were committed. And I was proud of myself for being a little more daring in my selection. Turns out that my fish sandwich and potato salad were quite tasty, and Brandon wished  he had gotten the same thing. 
I wasn't quite sure what to do from here. I had wanted to go the beach and relax with a book, but the weather was not conducive to that. I came across a little hike/bike path right in the middle of town, so we ventured on that. We had a very enjoyable walk together. The only "oops" in the walk was Brandon stepping into a big mud puddle. Poor guy had wet, muddy shoes and socks rest of the walk.
After our walk it was dinner time so we found another local place to eat. We both left there stuffed.
By the time we got back to our room, we were tired. I just relaxed and watched Duck Dynasty. Brandon spent 45 minutes cleaning his shoes and jeans from the mud, and then he joined me.
I enjoyed my day biking and walking with my favorite man despite the poor weather conditions.

No comments: