Thursday, June 19, 2014

It's a Wrap for Kdg


 So I have had this post in my head for months. Since August, actually.
My baby was in kindergarten this last year, and I really struggled with that. Brandon had no idea how hard it was for me until the night before school started. I just lost it...cried and cried. I cried at the end of an era; I cried about new beginnings. And I kept asking myself, "Did I do enough? Was I a good enough mom for all these years we were at home together?" Truly, I asked myself that question over and over. And then a still, small voice from the Lord said, "Pam...they have all asked Jesus into their hearts. Is there anything more important than that?" I finally felt peace from then on.
So here is Sadie on the first day of school with her pancake in a "k" for kindergarten. We were both a bit anxious that day.

And of course it had to be pouring the first morning of school. 
I remember dropping them all off at school. We crammed under one big umbrella and I walked Sadie inside. And then one lonely mom walked out by herself. And I went home to an empty house - for just a bit, but more on that later.

Sadie had a great year at school. She made new friends, gained confidence and learned so much academically. I love hearing her read these days. She enjoyed her teacher, Mrs. Fusby. And honestly, Mrs. Fusby enjoyed Sadie. She couldn't believe how well Sadie was doing since she was a preemie. Again, we praised God for how well she is.
At the last school assembly, Sadie got the "Author of the Month" for her class. She was excited!
And here she is on the last day of school.
Sadie, we are so proud of you and how well you have done this last year. You had a rough bit of time about two weeks into school when the newness wore off, but you rose to the challenge and survived. In fact, you thrived. I loved seeing your smiley face throughout the school  year, and I loved how you gave me a hug when I picked you up each day. I love seeing you excited when your friends did something well, and I appreciated your responsibility to get things to school when they needed to be. 
And now, well, I am excited to spend my summer with you. I love you Sadie Lady!




No comments: