Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Wednesday in Indiana

Wednesday was another fun filled day. Dad and I took the girls to our favorite Amish produce store. We had been there before, but since it had been a couple of years, they didn't remember. Analise had been reading some books with Amish characters, and I wanted her to connect a real life experience with them.
After walking through the store, we asked if we could go see the work horses. We had permission, and I warned the girls that these horses were BIG work horses so not to expect to pet them. I couldn't have been more wrong. They were big work horses, but they wanted attention. At one point we had five horses all wanting to be pet.
 These pictures don't do justice to how big and pretty they are. My dad is 6'3", and you can tell the horse is as tall as he is.

 After leaving the Amish "world" we went back to reality and went to Kohl's. We rushed home from there because I was meeting my dear friend, Karla, for lunch. It was a sweet time with her!

Shortly after mom got home from school, we all went to pick strawberries. 
We were excited to see big, juicy berries this year.




We enjoyed the berries alone, with the shortcake I made, and after I got home I made a few batches of jam with them. Mmmm.
After dinner we went to TCBY and then to dad's volleyball practice. It was good for Analise to see what a practice looked like, and she had a great time shagging balls. I was on the court some, too, and at one point in the drill I found myself in the setting position. I couldn't catch the ball; I had to set it out to my dad. I admit - I got teary eyed out there. It was like I was back home...my home on the court. I was 18 again. If I had one more night in my week, I would use it to play in a league. 
Much later that night (10:30) I picked Brandon up from the airport. It sure was good to see him again! It had been a week with short conversations and few texts. I felt complete again.

No comments: