Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sadie is 4

My baby is four already. And though it's been four years since her rough yet miraculous birth, it is still a very sentimental day for me. When she came out in the morning, I said, "There's the birthday girl. Happy birthday!" She says, "It's my birthday?" Silly girl had forgotten.
Here she is in her birthday shirt, with the new birthday hat, the birthday bear and using the special plate. And that is her yummy cinnamon roll that she hardly ate. The other two devoured theirs.

Maybe it's a good thing she didn't each much cinnamon roll because not much later Grandma picked her up for a donut date. They were gone for a couple of hours. Donuts, dollar store and off to see the chicks at the farm store. Maisie and I got a lot done while she was gone.



For lunch Sadie went out with just mom and dad. Maisie was at a play date, so this made for a special time. She enjoyed the time with just us; we enjoyed it too. Right after lunch she and Maisie went to their friend, T's, house so I could go help in 2nd grade. Thanks G for taking care of them!

Sadie had a hard time deciding what kind of cake she wanted. For awhile she wanted a boat cake, then a fish, and then...who knows. I showed her some pictures of cakes online, and she decided she wanted a tiger. That seemed fitting since orange was her favorite color at age 3, and she loved the tigers at the zoo.
And well, I love it because it was simple. I actually made a cake and didn't want to throw something in the process! The new recipe for the cake worked well, and my homemade frosting came together nicely, too.

After school she played outside with her sisters (it was a beautiful day!) and enjoyed talking on the phone with family members.
As soon as dad got home from work, we headed to Grandma's for the family celebration.
For dinner I made spaghetti braid (thanks Reba!), fruit salad and broccoli. She enjoyed it!
Sadie, you will always be my baby.

One of several phone calls. This one just came right before she wanted to open gifts, so it was a little rushed.

Gift time...cupcake making supplies from Aunt S and Uncle D

She got her own tea set from Grandma

And Aunt S knew Sadie would love new paint. Even if the white doesn't work. :)

Sadie and her special uncle

Silly girl


The oldest and youngest cousin (for two more months) He is so good with her.


Maisie and I surprised everyone with a rainbow cake.

The kids decided to shred the wrapping paper for  confetti. The before...

If you could only hear the giggles

If Maisie isn't giving him a super tight hug, then she's on his back.

We asked Sadie questions at the dinner table and tried to guess her answers. I had gone over these with her prior to dinner, so I thought I knew all her answers. Thought. I guess a girl is privy to changing her mind.

What is your favorite toy? Bike or Wii
What is your favorite thing to do with mommy? Bake
Favorite thing to do with daddy? Tickle
What is your favorite animal? Tiger, lion or dolphin

Sadie you have grown so much this year. Not only in stature (you are tall and weigh a whopping 32 lbs. We will get the doctor's stats another time) but you have developed socially, and academically. You love to sing, and I love to  hear you sing along with worship songs. Kindermusik is the highlight of the week for you. You make us laugh with your funny facial expressions, and you do a nice job of sharing. We've been really impressed with how well you have shared your new birthday gifts with your sisters.
You made the best decision ever this past year when you asked Jesus into your heart. What a day  of rejoicing that was!
You are still a mommy's girl and don't like it when I leave the house. You have no problem walking away from me, but if I move on and you don't know it...you panic. Yet you do fine when I leave you at church for your classes. You are more confident than a year ago.
Since your birthday, you have written your name without any help, buckle yourself in, and you are pumping on the swing. Milestones that make me excited for you, and make me just a wee bit sad that I don't have a baby anymore. But I get over it quickly, because I remember you will always be my baby. Like it or not. :)

No comments: