Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Analise on Broadway

Analise had her school music program called "Broadway" last week. She was super excited, and I couldn't wait either. She sang with all the other 2nd and 3rd graders in the choir, but she also had a smaller part this year. Her music teacher asked her to try out for a solo. Analise only tried out because, "She didn't want to let Mrs. S down." Later that night she told me about, and honestly, she got very concerned that she would get a part. So concerned she was almost in tears and couldn't sleep. That's how bad she didn't want to sing into a microphone. It lead to a nice discussion about not worrying about tomorrow, and God would give us the strength to use the gifts He gave us.
Several days later when I was at school eating lunch with her she told me, "I got a part." She wasn't excited one bit. She informed me it wasn't a solo, so I told her we'd talk about it later. As we left the lunch room, we ran into her music teacher, so she confirmed with me that Analise would be singing with others.
Fast forward a few weeks, and Analise was excited for her performance, and she didn't seem nervous. In fact, I was probably more nervous for her. I wanted her to do well for her own sake - to build confidence. And she did awesome! She and two other girls sang a part from the song "Supercala..." And she sang with confidence and a smile! She told us later she just looked at the microphone and forget about all the people out there.  My mother's heart was so happy and proud (a good proud.) She learned first hand that God will equip us with what we need. "For when I am weak; He is strong." I am frequently telling Analise that when God gives us a gift, how we use it is our gift back to Him.

Here are just a couple of pictures. We got there later than we wanted and had to sit in the nosebleed section. :(

1 comment:

Reba said...

Love this story! What a neat lesson to learn at a young age. I bet the show was awesome!