Monday, February 27, 2012

Celebration and Announcement

Two weeks ago we celebrated Analise's birthday with the local family. I'm not sure when I looked forward to a celebration more than I did that night.
She chose to have tacos for supper, so that was simple enough. During the dinner, Grandma asked questions for the family to see if they could guess Analise's answer. Here is what we learned about Analise.
1. If you could work an job, what would you do?
A: Work with dad
2. If you could be any age for a week again, how old would you be?
A: 10 or 18. She wants to shoot a gun (hah!) and drive.
3. If you didn't have to do a chore any more, what would it be?
A: Pick up toys. (I think folding laundry was a close second.)
4. If you were 1 inch tall for a day, where would you like to explore?
A: Hitch a ride on an eagle's beak.
5. If you had $1000, how would you spend it?
A: Buy a puppy

After dinner we gathered together to open gifts. She got this cute sweatshirt from her aunt, uncle and cousins.

She loves the neon in this Hello Kitty shirt.

The "big" gift this year was a new camera. She had outgrown  her kid camera. She was so excited. I then showed her how to view the pictures she has already taken. This is where it got real fun - the moment I was waiting for. I had taken pictures of words, so when she advanced to the next picture, she read this message:
We. Are. Getting. A. (picture of a puppy). In 8 Days.  See this smile? I think it says it all. When everyone cheered, she asked me quietly, "Why can't we get it tomorrow?" Though the puppy wasn't an actual birthday present,  it was a lot of fun telling her around her birthday.

Maisie surprised me with her excitement. She couldn't stop hugging me and telling me thank you. Once she was finished hugging me, she moved on to her dad.

Analise wanted an 8 cake. I used a new cake recipe that I really liked; the consistency and texture were awesome!

Cousins

 

The annual birthday picture

I think there is a reason most people say Analise looks like her dad.

It was a great night celebrating Analise and the sweet girl that she is. And it's so nice to be able to talk about the puppy around the girls. :)

1 comment:

Reba said...

What a fun idea on the cake. And I LOVE how you told the girls about the puppy! So fun.