Saturday, February 25, 2012

Analise is Eight!

Another year has gone by, and now my oldest daughter is eight. How can this be? She started counting down for her birthday the first week of January I believe. However, after learning about the puppy, she was counting down to that instead. That doesn't mean she was any less excited about her day. I made cinnamon rolls (Pillsbury kind. :)) for breakfast, and she loved using the special plate.
 Brandon timed his lunch at home so I could go join Analise at school. It was fun sitting with her and her friends. I only join her about once a year, so it was fun seeing her in her every day life. It was just another reminder how much she has grown, and I admit I still get a little sad thinking about the fact that she does spend seven hours a day without me. It seems like yesterday it was just the two of us hanging out.
After school she did homework and played. And she got several fun phone calls that she loved.
A big perk this year - Brandon was home. It's been several years since he was home on her birthday. Her meal of choice was pork chops and shrimp. So I also made salads and baked potatoes with topping. She was happy.
After dinner she opened a few gifts from us and also the gifts from Grandmom and Pops.
Before:

After:

My mom and dad are so gracious to always include something for the "non birthday" girls. Peg - this picture is for you. Too bad it doesn't come in your size. :)



We ate leftover cake after a lovely rendition of happy birthday. I love this picture because it shows Sadie taking a picture with her own camera.

Here she is enjoying her new present!

Analise, you are a sweet, responsible, sensitive eight year old! You changed our lives for the better eight years ago! May God grant us many more together.

No comments: