Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Snow Fun

The girls were so excited to wake up a few Saturdays ago to find our first snow of the season. Despite Brandon being gone, we had a good day. We made some Christmas goodies - pretzels with Rolos and Almond Bark, chocolate covered peanut butter Ritz, and peppermint fudge. I love the Rolo pretzels, but really everything else I made was for Brandon. I guess that's what love does.
Finally in the afternoon, I let the girls go out to play. My rule is that they have to stay out as long as it took to get everyone ready. And this year was even easier; Maisie got herself dressed!

Sadie loves making snow angels.

Going down the slippery slide

Sunday at church Grandma and Grandpa asked if we would like to go sledding. Why yes! It was sunny and calm. We were all excited  to hit the slopes.


Sadie went down a few times, and then she was content and happy just playing in the snow.


Grandpa made several trips down with the girls.

And several trips back up...

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for taking us sledding. We had lots of fun getting out of the house to help pass time while Brandon was gone. And we loved having B and K join us, too!

2 comments:

Reba said...

Looks like fun. We haven't had a real snow yet (which is fine for me but I really do like snow pics). I LOVE the pic of you with the girls.

Sara Campbell said...

So fun! We drove home from the coast to find snow! (Kids got the best of both worlds in a week...beach then snow!)