Saturday, October 8, 2011

Super Weekend

So this super weekend was a few weeks ago already. 
 I'm behind in my blogging due to some good books I've been reading.

Anyway, on Thursday I saw someone on FB offering volleyball tickets to my favorite college team. The same team that sells out season tickets in 30 minutes. I mentioned to her that I might be interested. Friday morning at 9:30 I see a message from this friend telling me I could have the tickets if I wanted. I jumped up and down and called Brandon at work. And here's the best part. I call him at work and tell him about the tickets - for that night, a couple hour drive away. And he says, "Let's do it!" Does he know me or what? What a man. :)
He came home from work at 4:00, we left at 4:30 and arrived just when we needed to.
The girls were really excited, too, to be here.

The six tickets (which were free - such a blessing!) were in two sets of three. I took Maisie and Sadie, and Brandon had Analise. The younger girls did a good job, though losing some interest after awhile. I figured this would be a quick three set sweep, but I was wrong. It went a full five sets. Between sets 2 and 3, we made a kid swap. He took Maisie, and I got Analise.  I was really glad to have Analise, and not just because she was easier. :) So often in life when she asks me a question (which happens to be a LOT),  I sometimes know the answer but more often then not I tell her to ask her dad. However, when it comes to volleyball, I know all the answers to her questions. :) I enjoyed teaching her about the game. Actually, I enjoyed everything; what a fun, fun night.


After the game we went to the hotel (where we stayed for free, thanks to Brandon's travels.) That morning down at breakfast, we saw a friend from church down there. She was there to work the airshow we had been contemplating watching. We really just wanted to see the Blue Angels but didn't know what time they were performing.  So our friend was able to find out the time for us. Another blessing!

Our girls were troopers as we drove around town and did some shopping. We also headed east 45 minutes to go to my favorite jewelry store. They were under strict orders there to behave. They did well. We then headed back west and got to the air show just.in.time.
This, too, was amazing!  I've never seen the Blue Angels live before, and I loved it. Plus, I knew Brandon was loving it, too, so that was fun for me.
 Here are some pictures; I wish I could have captured the sound as well.



Analise stood on the edge of the vehicle to watch.

Notice - Sadie is NOT covering her ears in this picture.

After a bit, Maisie was more interested hanging out in the car, eating a cookie. She is such a girl of shade.
From there we went to the mall for one more thing and then ate supper at The Olive Garden. It was about as close to a perfect weekend as I could get. What would have made it perfect was also going to the football game. It was  so hard to be so close and yet not going.

Sunday we remembered 9/11. I thought the full moon behind the flag was neat.

1 comment:

Reba said...

Sounds like a weekend God orchestrated just for you! What a fun time. The Blue Angels were near us not long ago...I wish I had known ahead of time and we would have gone. LOVE the last picture...very neat!