Friday, October 22, 2010

Keeping Up

Life keeps moving, and I haven't done well at keeping up on the blog. Such is life, I guess. Here are some things from the last couple of weeks:

Last week I felt a cold/allergies settling in again. This time I knew it was settling in my lungs, but I wasn't too worried because this happens every fall. However, by Tuesday I was constantly wheezy. So I decided to go in to see my doc. Thankfully my MIL came over to watch the girls. I couldn't believe it when he told me I had secondary bronchitis. My allergies caused my airways to spasm, so he gave me a steroid shot and put me on a five day antibiotic. Thankfully, it worked! Twenty four hours later, I felt like a new woman!

All the girls' clothing is changed out for the season. That is quite an undertaking, one where other moms can relate. I really didn't need to do anything for Analise since she has her own room now, and I had taken care of that when she moved in a couple of months ago. However, the other two needed major overhaul. It took a couple of days, but it feels good to have it accomplished! Ironically, Sadie has the least amount of clothing!

Brandon left this past Monday afternoon for a quick trip. He got back Weds. afternoon, came home to change and then left for a dinner meeting. So it felt like he was gone all day. The girls and I had a good couple of days. Monday I took them for their flu shots. I took them someplace different to get them - my local pharmacy. I wanted to go someplace clean, quick and quiet. I'll tell ya; this was the best flu shots ever! All three girls did amazing...no tears! And since I was the only parent, I was very thankful. It turned out to be everything I hoped for and more!

This past Tuesday was one of those days that was simply great. It started at 8:30 with a call from someone with kind words about my husband. I was simply excited that someone else saw my husband as I see him - a man after God's own heart. Does that make sense? I then took Maisie to preschool; she had a field trip that morning. I decided to miss Bible study so I could go with her. My friend, G, was willing to be Sadie's mom for the morning, so I still put Sadie in the Bible study child care. I am SO glad I went! It was a gorgeous morning! We went to one of the teacher's house who lives in the country and had all sorts of fun things to do. We were in groups and had four centers: 1. roping a pretend bull 2. playing yard games 3. a horse ride 4. a hay rack ride. The kids then had snacks, played with a puppy and then went and picked a pumpkin from the field. I enjoyed it all and loved watching Maisie interact with the kids/teachers from her class. I learned she is quiet but obedient.

Before picking up Analise from school, my sis in law called. She just got back from a cruise and she wanted to stop by quick. She came over and gave me a signed book by my favorite author! Who-hoo! Thank you S!!!!
After school, Analise went over to her friend, M's, house for a play date. While she was there the other two and I stopped by at Grandma's and then came home to get some things done. We then went over to K and G's house for pizza dinner. Thank you, friends! We came home quickly, and then I left for commission meeting a few minutes later. The girls had fun with their sitter. A busy but good day!

Yesterday as I was backing out of the church parking lot, I heard a one of the worst sounds...bumper meeting bumper. Grrr...
Thankfully my husband has shown me nothing but grace with the ordeal.

All in all, I look back and see God's hand in it all.

1 comment:

Reba said...

I still haven't finished switching out clothes. I have most of it done, now is the job of packing up the spring clothes that can be worn again (the rest go to Goodwill). It is such an undertaking. We did the Flu thing this week too (Flu Mist). I am so glad to have that done. Sounds like a very fun field trip!