Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Patch Fun

I love traditions. I don't know exactly why, but I just do. One of my favorite things to do in the fall is go to a pumpkin patch. I think I look forward to it as much as the girls do. The last couple of years we have gone to a close, smaller patch. The girls enjoyed it, and it was a nice size when they were small. This year I wanted a bigger one where there was more to do. Brandon was on board, so I did my research and found one about an hour away. We waited until the girls were up from their naps, and we loaded up and hit the trail. It was a sunny day but only in the 50s. I was thankful I had brought along some extra coats. We used them!


Sadie rode in the stroller most of the day and didn't seem to mind.

She loved the corn pile! I let her play in this while the others took the wagon ride to pick out their pumpkins.



They even had adult trikes!




I wish the picture portrayed how blue Maisie's eyes were.

The girls LOVED this slide!

The zip line was more fun with daddy's help.


We walked through the corn maze Pony rides are fun.

Sadie enjoyed the goats.

There was so much to do; it was a kid's paradise. I was never told when I was pregnant how much joy I would have watching my children enjoy something. The girls jumped in an inflatable pumpkin, climbed forts, rode in a "train", rode the trikes, went down slides, zip line, corn maze, wagon ride for a pumpkin and loved all the farm animals.
We ended up eating dinner there and left when they closed. It felt good to warm up in the van. I asked Analise what her favorite part was, and she said, "All of it." What more could we ask for?












1 comment:

Reba said...

What a fun time! I love ALL of the pictures. Your girls are so precious. I love going to the pumpkin patch. It truly is a joy to watch your children experiencing new things (or even just familiar traditions). Looks like a very fun day!