Monday, September 21, 2009

Soaring in School

We are officially in the school routine. Each day starts with me waking up Analise at 7:20. Thankfully she gets up without complaining. She gets to see daddy for a couple of minutes, and then begins the countdown until we leave for school. I don't know if it's just Analise or all kids this age, but she has one pace in the morning. It seems I am frequently telling her to hustle; she keeps the same pace regardless. She needs to learn how to multi-task...at least learn to talk and do something at the same time. :) We usually leave for school 3 minutes later than I want to. However, I have tried a little different route, and that has saved us those precious three minutes. At our school we have the zone out front labeled the "Kiss and Go" area. Analise seems to take her sweet little time giving each of her sisters a kiss on the head, gives me a kiss and then has to squeeze out of the van. If you read the previous post, Miss Sadie is still facing backwards in the car seat since she is under 20 lbs. It makes getting out of the van a little tricky. Usually after she gets out, she stands on the sidewalk, waves and yells goodbye. I love it. So sweet and yet grown up enough for school.


She looks higher than she really is. :)
Analise is loving each part of school. You name it, she enjoys it. She is making friends (actually she is one of those girls that is friends with everyone) but I don't see her attached to any one friend. She just plays at recess with whomever may be doing what she wants to do.
She brings home little books each week and loves to read them to us. I hope she loves reading as much as I do.
We had parent/teacher conferences this week. It was a nice time visiting with her teacher and finding out how Analise is doing. No big surprises for us. She had a packet of things Analise has drawn or answered. These things always crack me up. Here goes:
Analise's favorite thing about kdg: recess
Least favorite part: blowing her nose
What she wants to learn in kdg: how to read (One kid wrote "How to mow") lol
What she likes to do with her family: watch football. She had a picture of her, Maisie and me watching football. We had just watched the MI game last weekend.
If she had a million dollars: she would buy more fish
What she wants to be when she grows up: a race car driver
Right now she is testing out awesome on her letters/sounds area so that is great.
We also visited with her music teacher, and we learned that Analise already has perfect pitch and rhythm. I can't wait to see how God is going to use that!
When Analise gets home from school, she is hungry! Most days she doesn't seem overly tired, but some afternoons I see her having a more difficult time adjusting from school age friends to younger sisters. Thankfully it doesn't take too long, and she and Maisie are off playing.
Each night we try and get the girls to bed by 8:00, and each night we walk out of their room at 8:30.
In addition to school, Awana started back up this week. She was so excited to see her friends and officially be a Sparkie. Also one night a week, I take her to a children's music class. It's a parent/child class, and we are both enjoying it. I love being with her, and she loves learning about music.
We have a short week this week, so I am looking forward to having her around more. (and sleeping in. :))

1 comment:

Reba said...

Sounds like she is off to a great school year! Yeah! I am so happy. I love hearing what she is doing. I had no doubt she would be a delightful student. And how cool on the music. Unfortunately that gene did not make it into our family (born or adopted)...