Saturday, May 30, 2009

Memorial Day Memories

I feel like my days and weeks are beginning to run together. Where does one day end and another begin? Goodness...it's not even June!
We had a great Memorial Day weekend. It's our first weekend to use our new (to us) boat. Brandon spent a lot of time looking for just the right boat, and he came home with it a few weekends ago. Analise said, "It's so nice daddy finally found a boat after looking for years." She said it like it felt. Saturday we spent time at home continuing to clean it up, and Brandon worked on other things. Analise was able to go down to the cabin with her grandparents that afternoon and spend the night down there. She was thrilled! Her Aunt S. was going to be there, and so were her cousins. Brandon and I were excited to see her excited, and honestly, we enjoyed a little more peace and quiet around here.
Sunday morning I woke up to quite the surprise. Brandon was up already and finished in the bathroom, so I walked in to take my shower. As my eyes focused, I saw a garter snake in my shower. Yes...a snake in my shower! Eeekkk! Thankfully the curtain was already open, so I didn't pull it back and discover the snake. The ironic thing is that growing up, I had a long, black rubber snake that my mom and I would hide from each other, trying to scare the other. When I first saw the garter snake, I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't the rubber snake. :) I went into the kitchen and informed my knight in shining armor that there was a snake in my shower. He was surprised but took care of the matter quickly.
We quickly packed up the two girls and headed down to the lake/cabin. Analise and Grandma loaded up on our boat with us, and we had a great time. The weather we beautiful, the girls did awesome on the boat, and Brandon was thrilled to drive the new family toy. We did some trolling, and then grandma took the younger ones back to the cabin for naps. Aunt S. and cousin B then came over to our boat for some more fishing/relaxing/sunbathing. Even though I actually reapplied some sunscreen, I still managed to burn.
We spent the night at the cabin, which for me is quite a feat...packing everything for everyone for one night and then finding sleeping space for everyone. The girls got to bed late, but PTL they slept in! We ventured out Monday as well on the boat for some more fun times.
Analise enjoyed the boat as long we weren't going fast. At one point while Brandon was zipping along, Cousin B had his arm around Analise, while she was holding on for dear life. Maisie was sitting next to them without a care in the world. Those two are so different!
This past week moved along nicely. Brandon was home for supper and then gone in the evenings helping his brother build a fence. The girls and I tried staying busy. One night we made it to the library to sign up for the summer reading program. Analise loves to read, but it never fails...when we go to the library, she is always wanting to check out a movie. The girls chose several books, and I told them it was time to go. Analise asked me, "Are we going to go order now?"
Another day this week we made it to two parks. I don't know if the girls love anything more than playing at a park with friends. Yesterday they played in the sprinkler for the first time this season. I love hearing them laugh and squeal while having so much fun.
Maisie is fascinated with trains right now. She gets so excited when we hear one (which is rather frequently where we live.) She also loves when I drive over the "choo choo bums."
This week Sadie took a tumble down and split open her chin. I wasn't in the room to see it happen, but I heard the thump and went running in to find her. Maisie quickly got Sadie's blanket, and we snuggled up. I then noticed blood all over the blanket, and I found the source at her chin. Analise split open her chin when she was three, so this looked all too familiar. Thank goodness Grandma was available to watch the other two while I took in Sadie. We were there an hour and a half by the time we left. Sadie was such a trooper; she was content while we waited, and she almost fell asleep when they did the gluing.
Hopefully this is the only serious injury for the summer!

Maisie loved being on the boat
Analise enjoyed "driving" the boat.

Sadie never complained about not being comfortable


No comments: