Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Joys of Motherhood

The week of flying solo is over. Brandon was gone for five days, and we always miss him. Thankfully, I felt like I had a little more energy then the week before, and the girls did well. It helped that our mornings were full. In addition, having family in town is always a blessing! I think what I enjoyed the mosting was going to Analise's school field trip to a park. The weather was beautiful, and I haven't been able to go on many field trips. I love doing those type of things...I think it's the teacher in me, along with being her mom. Analise liked having me there, but it's nice that she is independent and still does her own thing.
This past weekend Analise began running a temp. Nothing else...just a temp. I know I we should be thankful, but it was still a bummer. We missed out on her Uncle's birthday party. We tried having our own fun by eating supper in the livingroom while watching a movie. We can't do that with the other two around. Dinner on a coffeetable has "Mess" written all over it! I had taped "Happy Feet" the night before, so we watched that. Talk about a disappointment. I am so thankful she was young enough to have the junk go over her head. We will not watch is again, and I won't recommend it to anyone. We had a good time, until rest of the family got home. She said, "Mom, I missed out on all the fun!" See where my night ranks?
Another thing we were afraid we were going to miss was church. Her preschool class was singing both services, and I didn't want her to miss it! Since the pastor is doing a sermon series on the 10 Commandment, they sang The 10 Commandment Boogie. Now that I recommend! Got to love the group Go Fish! Anyway, since her fever was down, we took her to church with us and let her go on stage to sing. She loves that type of thing.
That afternoon she truly began to feel better, and I thought we were home free for rest of the week. Wrong...Monday afternoon - pink eye! I found Sadie's drops (a no-no, I am sure.) but I wanted those drops in asap! Today was her last "real" day of school, and she was star of the day. A double whammy in missing. Since it looked better this morning and wasn't mattery, I took her up to school for just snack and show and tell. A dear friend took care of the other two girls so I could enjoy this time. I believe God gave me a little blessing. Again the teacher in me still loves being in a classroom, but with two other children, I rarely get to do those things. Today I got to spend an hour with her in her class. I was thrilled! Each of the kids at show and tell asked Analise a question, and hearing the answers was fun. Let's see what I remember:
Fave color: blue
Fave number: 4 (all the teachers and I thought she'd say 5)
Fave dolphin: the kind that squirts water out
Fave pie: she doesn't have one
My favorite question came from her cousin: "Which bricks do you like better...big or little?" Big.
What she is looking forward to most this summer...swimming in her cousin's pool. :)
Here is a picture of my Mother's Day gift from Analise. She painted it at school...she's so proud, and I will always treasure it!

Sadie has grown a lot in the past year. Here is a picture from the NICU last year; they made these for each of the moms. I adore it! You can see that the petals are her fingerprints. We took a picture this Mother's Day to see how much her hands have grown. Amazing, isn't it? It was special having all three of my girls with me this year for Mother's Day. My gift this year...exactly what I asked for - a massage. :) Sixty minutes relaxing without kids...what more could I want? :)
A household of girls...poor Brandon. His nephews would say he is girl trapped. :)

Friday night I was ready to go get Maisie's hair chopped. Part of me was sad because I love seeing girls in pig tails, and I know Brandon does, too. However, Maisie's hair is SO fine and thin, she always pulls her clips out, and what settled it for me...cutting gum out of her hair on Thursday, and a sucker in her hair on Friday. I think the chop turned out rather stylish and cute. She was excited, too.
I forgot to mention a couple of things about Maisie in my update post. She is able to recognize uppercase letters. I am always amazed because unlike the firstborn, I don't spend as much time with her on these things like I should. I guess she is learning from her preschool sister! Also, Maisie knows her colors, but she doesn't KNOW her colors. I am a little concerned - should I be? She remembers all sorts of things that amaze me, but she can't get the colors right. Any tips?
Here's a peek at the back of the new do.






2 comments:

mikeanddebbie said...

Love the new do!! Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

HeyBabe said...

Can I just say that I would love to see you and catch up! It is hard to believe where our lives have taken us...you with girls...me with boys and in different parts of this country:) Love reading about your life! Let us know if you are ever our way:)