Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thursday/Friday Fun

Analise enjoyed the giraffes, but she would tell you she liked the elephants the best.
Sadie took a 20 minute cat nap, and my arm was SO tired when she woke up.

The gorilla was up close and personal, but Analise backed up quickly when he started to move.


My three girlies....hee hee


The petting farm was Maisie's favorite...move and touch - her learning style. :)

We had a great weekend. I am going to spread the memories out in more than one post. My parents flew into a city about three hours away. Since we never get to hang out there while they are here, we went and met them there. On Thursday, we loaded up the girls after lunch and headed east. We met up at a GREAT Hampton and began the fun. The girls and I went with mom to a big outfitter store. The guys went to get Brandon fitted for a new golf driver. I'll admit, it was kind of strange being at this store without Brandon. Even Analise mentioned that. We walked in the store and a nice employee gave the older two several coins to use in the shooting gallery, and he told Analise to make sure she shot the skunk. So here I am trying to teach my girls how to hold a gun; something is wrong with this picture! Brandon would have loved being in on this activity. Analise is shooting the gun, and I kept getting water in my face. I was looking all over wondering why I was the only one getting wet. Turned out that when she shot the skunk, the skunk's tail lifted and sprayed water!

We met back up with the men and headed to the best food/games/rides place I have ever been. It's like a Dave and Buster's for kids. (No, it was NOT Chucky Cheese! :)) We enjoyed a nice meal, and the girls had lots of tokens to use. Maisie did the small rides, Analise rode a big ride with Grandmom, we played Skee Ball (my fave!) and drove go karts. Brandon took Analise, and Maisie was adament she go too, so we went together. We could not have done this if my parents hadn't been there to stay with Sadie.

After that fun, we crammed in some swimming for the girls. Analise is getting more brave in the water, but she has a long way to go. I'm afraid she is more like me....not a natural! But she had fun, and that's all the counts. Maisie has no fear in the water. Unlike Analise at that age, who was like a life jacket on Brandon, Maisie just wants to be free. They got to bed late and were tuckered out.

The next morning we were so thankful to see the sun, because we headed to the zoo. This is an awesome zoo, and I couldn't wait for my parents and the girls to enjoy it. It was a little crisp, but we did the indoor buildings to start. We were able to see lots of animals up close, and we even heard a tiger growl. Being the monkey lover, I enjoyed the Ape house. Maisie's favorite was the barn area. She loved petting the goats and tried feeding them rocks. Analise was brave enough to go in the pen when she saw her sister in there. Maisie even charged after peacocks! :)

The girls did awesome...never complained, and that's with pushing through one or two naps. It was so nice on my part to have the adults outnumber the kids. SO much easier!

We got home close to bedtime, but we just had to squeeze in a little Wii time with Grandmom and Pops. Analise had been looking forward to that for weeks. And again, the girls got to bed late, but it was worth it!

No comments: