Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Celebrations


I love the joy of Easter season...celebrating our Risen Saviour! It's overwhelming when I think about Christ dying for me, and yet He conquered the grave! Praise God! I always enjoy this time of year to go over the Resurrection Eggs with Analise. She always does such a nice job of explaining what is inside each egg, and I pray the story also resounds in her heart. This year she would tell me that the soldiers "rambled" for Jesus' clothing.
We had fun having Grandmom and Pops here for the Easter holiday. Saturday morning was nice enough to go to the park for the park and rec egg hunt. The girls were in two different groups, so Analise went with my mom, and I walked with Maisie. Pops got to watch us while taking care of Sadie. They were pleased with the candy and eggs they found. Here are my hunters:
They were excited to see the Easter Bunny

Later in the day we colored eggs. This is one of my favorite traditions each year. I love the cozy, exciting, creative atmosphere of coloring the eggs and seeing what they look like when they come out of the dye. Now I live that excitement through my girls because I didn't color a single egg. Next year we will have to have more eggs. Again, it was nice having extra hands to help!

Here are my crazy bunnies!





Easter morning was cold and windy. Nothing like nice dresses and winter coats. :) The first thing Analise told me when she got up was, "Happy Easter Mom!" They never asked to look for their baskets or eggs. We just got ready for church. All three girls were with us during the service, and I enjoyed that. It was a sweet time of worship.
We all had lunch together with the other family in town. Talk about yummy! After the Easter lunch, we switched gears to birthday mode for one of the cousins.


All ready for church:






By the time we got home later afternoon, the girls were past nap/rest time. Analise played her new Wii game, Wii Music. Maisie fell asleep in her daddy's lap. (See below)We finally sent the girls looking for their baskets, and I think they were pleased. Analise got a new life jacket and fishing pole. Maisie got a new pole, Color Wonder books and a toothbrush. Sadie got a new toothbrush and toothpaste...exciting. :) It was a fun filled day!











2 comments:

Amber Zimmerman said...

Beautiful pics of the girls! I bookmarked your blog so I don't have to google it anymore! Sadie looks so big and healthy! Miss you sweet friend! I would love to call you. . .especially in light of the sad news this week. I hope you are doing well. I'm praying for you during this time too. I know how close you and Rachel were. Love you!
Amber

PBJJ said...

Oh Pam! Love your blog...it makes me feel like I am talking with you in person! :) Not quite, but better than nothing! Hope you have healthy kids and a fun weekend! Hopefully we will see you sometime this summer!