Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Out Like a Lion


First let me begin saying that I am glad spring is here, but I'm not sure where it is hiding. We've had so many "wind advisories" around here, that I'm sick of it! I want to send the girls out to play, but I can't.
That being said, we are doing fine around here. We've kept busy with life. I look at my one year old, and she just doesn't look like a tiny baby anymore. She's so long and moving everywhere, and most people can't tell she was even a preemie. I suppose that's a good thing, but it's just evidence she is growing up. A few times I have seen her crawl "normal" but most of the time she swims all over the house. I joke about putting a wet rag on her tummy so she could mop while she scoots around. She's deciding that she is done with the baby cereal in the morning. She clamps those lips closed and bats at the spoon. She is beginning to get into the girls' things, and they aren't too sure of that...esp. Maisie.
Speaking of Maisie, I heard her longest sentence yet. This morning she said, "Ahhhh, Baby, no, no, no." Like I said, she isn't used to Sadie playing with Thomas trains and knocking over blocks. We continue to hear more words from Maisie, and we love it! She is about 85=90% potty trained. Whoo-hoo! She still needs a pull-up for naps and errands and a diaper at night, but otherwise, she's got it down. She learned pretty quickly what to do, and her beloved Boz helped teach her. Boz went potty and #2 in the toilet...bread crusts...need I say more? :)
Maisie has discovered the volume and seek buttons on the stereo in the kitchen. She loves her music loud!
Analise is keeping busy with school and friends. She LOVED spending the night with her cousin over spring break. She continues to enjoy the Wii and now even plays tennis against Maisie. I wish you could see them play. They swing their remotes like crazy, and they have great volleys. Analise likes watched her daddy hunt on the Wii, and she talks non-stop while he hunts. He will ask her to get quiet after a while, and she will ask, "Why do I need to be quiet? It's just a pretend hunt, and the animals can't hear me." At this rate, this will be the only hunting she will ever do.
Brandon and I went to a Weekend to Remember conference this weekend. It's a Family Life Today's marriage conference. His parents were willing to watch the girls, so away we went. We enjoyed the focused time together, finishing a complete sentence, eating a hot meal and shopping for ourselves. The conference was a good refresher on the oneness in marriage, and it makes me even more thankful for the wonderful hubbie I have. 48 hours later we headed home, and I was ready to be with my girlies. They had a wonderful time with their grandparents.
At the conference God confirmed something for me that's He's been telling me to do, and I've been putting it off. So, I am going to try and be more disciplined in a couple areas of my life. It just requires getting up 30 minutes earlier. So if you see me, you can ask me how my mornings are going to help keep me accountable. :)

No comments: