Monday, March 2, 2009

The Birthday Girl






Finally...here is the post on the birthday girl. I can't believe Analise is already 5! Seems like just yesterday she was born. I'll never forget when my doctor announced, "It's a girl!" I cried with relief and pure joy. Just a couple of days ago Analise asked me how the doctor knew she was a girl, "Was it because of my long hair?" Oh, the innocence!
Analise's birthday was nice and stretched out this year. We had our first "friend" party. We called it a "mommy and me tea party." She invited four friends, and their moms for tea. We had fun decorating hats, playing, having our tea, opening gifts and doing another craft. Thanks to a dear friend for her suggestions, I felt like this first party could be marked as a success. I made tea for the moms, and the girls' tea was actually apple juice. For this party Analise wanted a teddy bear cake.
On her real birthday Analise loved all the phone calls wishing her a happy birthday. She wanted pork chops for supper, so we had those with fries, beans and a salad. She opened her presents from us and my parents. She loved everything!
The next day she was star of the day for school, so she chose to take in her new stuffed Horton for show and tell.
We then celebrated later in the week with the other side of the family. For this party she wanted a fish cake. Thanks to a Wilton cake design, I was able to simply arrange my pieces for both cakes. I love simple!
Analise is a delightful five year old. She loves to be with family and friends. She's kind, compliant, helpful, and motherly. She is great with her sisters, and though I know she loves me, she is definitely a daddy's girl!
Analise, we love you lots!

3 comments:

Reba said...

What a beautiful birthday girl. I got teary looking at those pictures because they remind me so much of another blonde little girl I once knew. :) She looks SOOOO very much like her mother. Beautiful inside and out.
Reba

Linds said...

What a fun Birthday Party... and such a sweet, beautiful 5 yr old!

mikeanddebbie said...

Happy Birthday! She is a beautiful little girl. My, how time flies!!