Friday, August 15, 2008

Beds, Balls and Bye Bye


The new bed is almost finished, and finished enough the girls slept in their new beds last night. Their talented dad designed the bed, built the bed, and he did awesome! We already had the bottom bed and headboard he had built for Analise a couple of years ago. Since the room isn't really big, we need to go up. He designed it to work with what we already had. Analise was so excited to sleep up high, and she did great. Maisie wasn't quite so sure of her new location, but she adjusted and stayed in bed...shocked us all! She even slept later this morning.
Sadie enjoyed sleeping in her crib - so much more space!
Remember those walks I mentioned the other day? A couple of days ago I got more than I bargained for. We got back from a nice walk, found daddy at home and in the midst of it all, Maisie didn't make it inside. I went out after a couple of minutes, and she was pointing down the street saying, "Ball...ball." Now, we live at the top of a hill...she and I went for a nice long walk down the hill to get the ball and then had to walk back UP the hill. I was so thankful she told me what she had done. Ball is one of her few words.
We can officially say "bye" to the apnea monitor! After three months it's a relief, but it will be strange not having it on her at bed time. Another milestone is coming to an end. Yeah!

3 comments:

Reba said...

I am so very impressed with your hubby's work. That is so very cool! And congrats on dropping the monitor...I know that is a big step. Hope you have a good weekend.
Reba

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! The bed is incredible--way to go Brandon!
And a big Wooohooo for the loss of the tail! I know how much "easier" this will make things...you're going to feel so free when you move her around. I am so happy for you guys! Praise the Lord!!!
Love,
Jenner

Linds said...

Great job, Brandon! The girls both look so big in their beds:) So glad that Sadie is officially off the monitor, PTL! Love the ball story too:)