Wednesday, July 8, 2015

BIrthday and Easter

Our favorite guy had his birthday in April, and I am glad I took pictures. :) If only I remembered all that we did....
His birthday landed on Good Friday, so the girls and I didn't have school. After his birthday dinner, we went to the multi-church Good Friday service; it's my favorite every year.
 
The girls spent time creating "just the right" card for him.
 
 Daddy and his girls
For Brandon's gift, he chose some new hunting attire. He was slightly disappointed that it was a little too big. But we could only make the most of it and laugh.
 
 The girls and I met Sarena, Grandma and boys up at the mall for their egg "hunt." The girls had fun assisting Danny.


Later we colored eggs. I love this tradition!






Saturday we celebrated both Brandon and Dave's birthdays. We made smoked chicken, roasted potatoes, pretzel salad, and other goodies.
I made this super delicious and super unhealthy cheesecake.
Here is a side of Brandon a lot of people don't see - the goofy one who makes us laugh.


 Our tradition is to make Resurrection rolls for breakfast. We discuss the events of Christ's death, and put the rolls in the oven where his body (the marshmallow) disappears. Well, this year that didn't quite happen....at least we know Jesus truly was no longer in the grave!
 
We treasured the time of worship on Easter morning with all the family. He is Risen; He is Risen Indeed!
 
 All 8 kids. So sweet; such great kids with sweet relationships.


 Blessed by my husband and daughters.
 After church I forced (yes forced) the girls to let me take some pictures. Finding a nice backdrop at our house isn't easy. This is a nice backdrop, but they didn't like looking into the sun.
 She's growing up too fast
 Squinty Maisie

 After our photo shoot, we headed over to B/J's to celebrate with many more family members.
Maisie was excited to snuggle with Mikey.
 Let the hunt begin!


 
 Pretty sure he was rescuing something from up there...
 GG Muriel sure enjoyed listening to Analise play the piano.
We had a fun three days of celebrating!


No comments: