Sunday, May 25, 2014

Brandon's Birthday

 Brandon celebrated turning the big 3-7 this year! We celebrated his birthday a bit early this year. Let's see how much I can remember. :) The above picture shows this kids having fun; they may have been drying their socks next to the fireplace.
I made Brandon smoked pork (he helped), cheesy potatoes (maybe?), a new baked bean recipe, homemade Texas Roadhouse rolls, and his mom made strawberry pretzel salad. It was a home run of a meal  - super yummy!

 Brandon with his parents

 This year for dessert I made chocolate chip cheesecake bars. He enjoyed them!

For Brandon's real birthday, I had a little surprise up my sleeve   I told him I wanted to take him out for lunch to Applebee's. Little did he know that Derek and Sarah were going to join us. It was a real treat having lunch with just the four of us.
That night for dinner I made his favorite biscuits and gravy. He was happy.  The girls and I then hid his presents around the living room. We got him new athletic pants in size LT. SO amazing I could find that size....however, they still wouldn't work. :( We also got him some gum, Tastefully Simple Seasoning Salt and a video of James MacDonald preaching. He is one of our favorites, and his sermon is from Israel.
Happy birthday babe! You don't seem any older to me!

No comments: