Thursday, May 29, 2014

Analise and Club Ball

 After much thought, prayer and discussing, we decided to sign up Analise to play club volleyball this year. We knew it would be a sacrifice of time and money, and I REALLY didn't want to interfere with church things, but I also wanted to give her some experience and learn for myself how club ball works in Nebraska.
Here are some things I learned throughout the year:
It was expensive, but not nearly as much in big cities.
Thankfully, we never had to travel far, and we had some tournaments on Saturdays.
I loved traveling with just Analise. Talking, singing and just time together doing something we both love.
She had nice teammates, and I enjoyed the parents.
Her coach was young, and this was  her first time coaching. I had to learn to let go of some areas, but I also wanted to help this "newbie" coach. Analise liked her; the parents were disappointed. Honestly, they didn't learn what I thought they should have learned.
However, they did get better.
Analise loved winning, and had to learn how to be a good loser.
She has great setter hands.
Two coaches mentioned how coach-able she was.
Coach-able and good hands go well together.
Towards the end of the season, another seasoned coach stepped into work with them for a couple of weeks and tournament. They learned more in those two weeks then they did in three months with the first coach.
I got to coach them for a tournament.
I LOVED it. 
Since that time, I've had several people ask me if I will coach next year. Things to pray about for sure. What is best for our family?  I do have a passion for volleyball, kids and teaching them character. We shall see.
Am I glad we let her play? Yes. Disappointed in some things? Yes. Will we go the same route next year? I don't know. Did Analise fall in love with the game? YES!


No comments: