Monday, January 11, 2010

Girly Update

It amazes me still how the girls can change and grow so quickly.
We took Sadie in for a couple of checks last Monday. We drove the two hours for her appointments; I am so thankful Brandon was able to go with me. Her first check was the pulmunologist. He said her lungs sounded great! We will continue the pulmocort through the middle of April and then go see him again in May. He will do another x-ray to see how her lungs look, and if all looks well, I think we are finished with seeing him.
Next stop...developmental follow-up. I was excited about this; I always like to see how she is doing. Before we went, I made a list of Sadie's words, because I had a hunch they would ask me. Sadie "played" with a few things, and she did it all! She put puzzle pieces where they belong, she put pegs in the holes, colored with a crayon, played with a baby, rolled and chased a ball. I was thrilled! The doc asked me is Sadie had about five words; I responded, "She has about 30." I got such a surprised yet delighted look. She is pointing to body parts, telling me what she sees in books, walking/running/climbing. They were excited, too. We give all glory to God! We did ask the doc about Sadie's right foot because it flattens a little when she is walking. The doctor says this is typical and not to be concerned. Once she gets stronger, that will go away. She did give tips on what kind of shoes would help.
After that appt., we walked over to my past 2 month residence. I saw nurse friends, and I got to see the remodel of my old room. It was kind of emotional for me, but I got a grip and moved on. We stopped up at the NICU and saw one of my favorite NPs. She was so excited to see Sadie. This is the same NP that teared up when we took Sadie home. We showed her Sadie's rib indentation and told her that Sadie still has her little Budda belly. She just laughed.
Sadie's latest things to do - is climb on my bathroom counter, stick blocks/puzzle pieces down her shirts/pjs, take off her shoes and socks while riding in the van, taking her pants off at home, playing with the the shape cube, "coloring" with the big girls, getting into kleenex, and she tells me "dank you" when she hands me something. I always tell her thank you when she gives me something, so I guess it makes sense.

Maisie is really playing imaginary things. She carries on phone conversations, plays with Little People, and she is speaking much more clear! Matas is now Thomas! She is getting her initial "S" sound out, so that helps a lot. Maisie is enjoying baths again, thanks to the fun bath Christmas gifts. She loves to make the water a certain color with the color tablets. She is loving her hopper ball. She and Analise hop all over the place! I remember doing that with my sister when we were little.

Analise has grown! I took her in to the doc a couple of weeks ago, because she's been snoring at night. I also thought her tonsils looked big, though she never complained about them hurting. While at the doctor, they checked her wt and ht. Since her kdg check, she has grown over an inch and weighs almost four pounds heavier. She is outgrowing jeans we bought her in August. She is loving her Webkinz, enjoying school but wishing she could "sleep in." She is still my "Craft girl" so I am thankful for the simple craft gifts she got at Christmas.

Things are going well here; we are getting into the routine of things. Going back to school helped, but last week we had a late start and early dismissal because of the snow and COLD. We've been playing a lot of Wii Resort, and I am enjoying the Wii Fit. I find it somewhat addictive. :) I hope you are doing well!

No comments: