Friday, June 19, 2009

Another Week Gone By

Another Friday and weekend are upon us. I look forward to weekends and having Brandon home more.
Last Friday I needed a major "mommy break." I called my mom in law, and she was gracious enough to watch the girls so we could go to supper. Not only did she take the girls, she took my nephews, too. We had a double date! I got to enjoy an entire meal focused only on my own meal. Yeah! After the two hour break, I was ready to see my girls again.
Saturday I went to a bridal shower. That afternoon we got some things done around the house. For dinner we went to Applebee's with some friends and their two kiddos. Thanks to the library reading program, all the kids got to eat free. Rarely do we eat out, and this weekend we did two nights in a row! We came back to our house and played the Wii. The kids had a lot of fun together.
Sunday was church. I still keep Sadie with us, so it's been awhile since I've heard an entire sermon. I miss it. I have enjoyed helping the Children's ministries. That afternoon was my Walmart run. I somehow got on this schedule. Not my favorite, but at least I can go by myself. For dinner Brandon did some smoking...on the grill. We smoked a pork loin, and it turned out really good. Brandon is such a good chef on the grill. His parents joined us, so that was an added bonus. They then hung out and played the Wii with us. Analise loved playing with them or laughing when they played each other.
Monday morning I knew I needed to take the two younger girls into the doc. They had started with colds, but Sunday night Maisie spiked a fever to 102. We were supposed to have a play date that morning, but we had to cancel. Thankfully the mom decided to take the girls to the library, so Analise joined them. Thank you, R! I was able to take both girls with me. PTL we didn't have to wait long. Both girls had ear infections. Sadie was also a little wheezy, but her O2 was 94%. We went home with two antibiotics and orders for breathing treatments. I should have already started those, but since she wasn't retracting much, I hadn't. Now I know....
Tuesday morning, I didn't think Sadie was doing any better, so I took her in again. I was at a loss on what to do with the other two, so Brandon was gracious enough to come home for an hour. I don't like to ask him, but that was my only option. Sadie wasn't really doing worse, but she wasn't doing better, either. So now we added a steroid. We'll start with an oral, but then move to a steroid using the nebulizer twice a day...for quite some time. We are hoping this works as a preventative against future things. Now I feel like I drug the girls...two antibiotics, one steroid, breathing treatments every four hours. Plus at bed time I give them either a decongestant or cough med. Just call me Pam's Pharmacy.
It took the girls longer to get better than I had hoped. Maisie hung on to her fever until Thursday. I could tell when she wasn't feeling well. Thank goodness for Ibuprofin! Tuesday evening Brandon got out for a little fishing by himself. I know he needs that time away, and I like to see him get it. When he got home, I took off for a night with gals from my Bible study. It was so nice to be with them...laughing and praying together. I got home at 10:30. Brandon said the girls did well for him. However, he mentioned that at one point Maisie just stood by the door crying and saying "mommy" over and over. He finally asked Maisie if she wanted him to pray for her. She said yes. Before he was even finished praying, Maisie was finished crying, and she was just fine rest of the night. I'm so thankful for a husband who thinks about taking these issues to the Lord.
This week I have been finalizing things for our VBS next week at church. It's something I've been planning and putting together for months. The time is upon us, and I am looking forward to it. However, I find myself constantly thinking of things I need to get done...esp. things that would be a whole lot easier to get done without three young children. :) My mom in law came over nap time on Weds. so I could get some errands done. That really helped!
The girls were finally well enough to go watch their cousin K play some t-ball yesterday. It was good to get out. Analise was able to go to craft time at the library, thanks to a friend. I can never take her since it's right during the middle of nap time. Yesterday afternoon I took off Analise's training wheels, and we worked on getting her to ride without them. She is willing to learn, so that is good. Last night I went shopping with a friend for all the snack items for VBS. It was another late night.
As of today, I'm just tired. I look at my house and see everything that needs done and secretly wish I could have 4 hours at home without the girls. I have wiped their noses more times than I'd like to remember. Many time I have told Maisie, "Wipe. Don't lick." Nothing I give her helps dry her up. Sadie still has a runny nose, and I don't think she sounds any better. The treatments are getting better. I moved the nebulizer from her room to the living room. The girls like to entertain her, and I am thankful. It just works better when we have more room for their dancing and singing.
Sadie is officially 15 months! At the doc's office she weighed about 18 1/2, with her clothes on. She is signing for "more" and mimicking other motions. Yesterday I walked into her room after her nap. She was standing in the crib and said, "HI!". It was too cute.
We've enjoyed having warm weather and playing outside. We are thankful the bad storms missed us the other night. We look forward to celebrating Father's Day with my dear husband and great father of my girls.

1 comment:

Reba said...

You had a very busy week! And just know it is very normal to always wish for "four more hours" to get things done. :) I had a whole weekend and still didn't get near what I wanted accomplished! Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful Father's Day and that VBS goes well. Then maybe you can sit back and breathe...