Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thirty one - not that fun

So I am another year older. And honestly, it's not off to a great start. I kind of celebrated my birthday on two days since it's hard to party with trick or treating. Friday afternoon we all went to Applebee's for lunch. The girls did a great job, so it was still relaxing for me and Brandon.
The following evening was the family party. My mother in law and sister in law put together a great spread of some of my favorite foods. It was great! I opened gifts and got some fun things. Thanks, everyone!

However, a short time later I wasn't feeling too fell. It was downhill from there. I quickly blew out my candles and promptly came down with the stomach flu. NO FUN! I still haven't had any of the cake I made.
Brandon came down with it a few hours after me. Praise God for the blessing of family in town to watch the girls because we were in no shape to take care of them. Last night I finally felt normal and human again.

Hopefully 31 gets better then what it started like!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Sorry I haven't gotten the call made yet. :( Love the pics of the girls. Hopefully, 31 will get better for you. So far it's been pretty good for me(since June 1), except for the 6 weeks of morning/all day sickness.:)

Luv ya!!!

Nicole H. said...

Pam,

I am so sorry I forgot to send a Happy Birthday email. Even though it has been years since we last saw each other I have never forgotten your birthday. So Happy belated Birthday friend!

Reba said...

Happy birthday (late)...it is the story of my life. Being late with birthdays I mean. :) I do hope that the year goes better. Maybe you got all of the "yuck" out at the beginning. :)