Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Getting Bigger



HI! Obviously one of the pictures isn't Sadie; she hasn't grown that much. :) Our oldest daughter was in a wedding this weekend, and this proud mama couldn't resist posting a picture.
On to Sadie...last Thursday she weighed 8-8, and today she was up to 8-12! That's four ounces in five days...more than the half an ounce a day that they want to see. That's not the only good news. We turned down her O2 from 1/8 to 1/16 to see how she would do. It was awesome! She was statting at 96 consistently. Thanks for praying; God is working! I finally feel like there is hope again for those lungs to grow.
We still have the apnea monitor and may possibly have it for quite some time. The apnea center likes babies to have their monitor for a month after she is done with the oxygen. We have no idea when that will be. But after today, it's a little more encouraging.
Since she seems to be growing so well, the nurse is giving me permission to let Sadie wake me up in the middle of the night instead of me waking her up every four hours. Yeah! It's much easier waking up to a fussy baby instead of an alarm. I find myself turning off the alarm in my sleep, so sometimes it's much longer then the four hours.
Sadie did well at the wedding and being out of her normal "schedule" for a couple of days. She is staying awake for longer periods of time, and after supper she is especially smiley. We love it!

1 comment:

Reba said...

Oh, wow! Sadie is really growing! I am so happy that her little lungs are developing. Before long the monitors will be a thing of the past. :) The picture of your little flower girl is beautiful. She reminds me SO much of her mother at a young age. I love seeing the pictures!