Friday, March 21, 2014

Dad/Daughter Date Night

Each February our park and rec offers a daddy/daughter date night for girls 1st-5th grade. Analise has enjoyed going a couple of times with Brandon. This year we decided it was Maisie's turn to go. Analise had a busy month with birthday parties and volleyball tournaments. Thankfully, she wasn't disappointed, and Maisie was super excited.  With Analise I used to "stress" on what she was going to wear. This year I walked into Analise's closet the morning of the date night, pulled out a dress that I thought Maisie could wear, and it worked. Oh, the mothering differences of daughter number two.
I am so thankful for a husband who is willing to go out of his comfort zone a bit to take his daughter out for a special evening. He knows this is an opportunity to show his girls how a man should treat them.
About 600 girls and dads had dinner at a local conference center. Before dinner they could craft and after dinner they danced.

 Maisie who is anti-dressing up or looking cute, let me curl her hair and actually enjoyed this moment.




 My favorite picture - true Maisie


No comments: