Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happy Birthday and Halloween

With my birthday on a Monday this year, the celebrations were spread out. Saturday night I was blessed to celebrate with the local family. They made me a delicious meal of sesame ribs, cheesy potatoes, salad, fruit and bread. I made my cake - the traditional chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake.


Sunday night after the congregational meeting at church, we went out for my birthday dinner. I chose Applebee's because the girls could eat for free, and we had a gift card. It seems that food just tastes better when it's free. When we got home from dinner, I knew it was probably the right time for me to open my gifts. Halloween night is always too crazy. Knowing Brandon hadn't wrapped the gifts yet, I suggested he let the girls hide them in the living room for me. This turned out to be SO much fun! The girls would hide three gifts, I would find them, and they would do it again. We may have just begun a new tradition. Here we are with my gifts. I felt so spoiled! I had specifically told Brandon not to spend much because I had just bought a new food processor, and that was my gift. Anyway, I got a new serving tray, knife sharpening kit, paper, sponges, sticky notes, itunes card and a new Under Armour jacket. Who-hoo!

Monday was a very normal day. We did get donuts to take to Brandon at work. And I enjoyed calls, texts and messages throughout the day. For dinner I warmed up my favorite soup from the freezer. We ate quickly and mostly without Brandon since he got home late. And his back with in pain, and he was on major meds, so he was kind of "tired."
Monday night was a beautiful night to trick or treat. We had cute girls, thanks to a friend who shared  costumes. (We didn't pick them out until Sunday night....)
My bunny
 Maisie would tell you she was a cowboy-girl.
And a pumpkin

We met up with some dear friends, and small group so all the kids could see each other in costumes. Analise is here with her good friend, Strawberry Shortcake.

Maisie and her super friend.

And Sadie with her blue friend. These two really are sweet friends. Notice his arm around her.

And the whole crew

We went from there to meet up with family to walk around with; thanks for letting us join you again!

One more cute shot of this bunny.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the family photo! It's awesome!!! And, my favorite girls are too cute on Halloween!

Reba said...

Love the hiding gift idea! Sounds like a happy birthday celebration. :) And I love the costumes. Very fun