Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Analise didn't have school on Weds, so we slept in and hung out at home. Thursday morning I finished baking my pies while Brandon kept the girls out of the kitchen. Many times I let them help me bake, but not that day. My dinner responsibilities were bread and pies, so I made pumpkin muffins, rolls, a candy apple pie and a chocolate pie. We headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's house to meet up with the fam. Even the newlyweds were there!  We spent time taking family pictures before sitting down for the meal.
Maisie had a Thanksgiving feast at school, and she came home looking like this!

 Analise made pilgrim hats again this year. Maisie wore her Indian hat instead.



A family picture that turned out decent!

We enjoyed time at the table reflecting on something we're thankful for this past year, and encouraged one another as well.
We played some games, did a lot of talking and hung out most  of the day!

Friday morning was another slow morning. We finally got out and ran some errands. We brought the tree up from the basement, and this was the best year yet. All the lights worked, and some branches needed some fluffing, but that was it!  We watched the football game while enjoying time with S and D. After a soup supper, we put the ornaments up as a family. I pulled each ornament from the box, told the girls where and who it was from, and they hung it on the tree. Brandon then spread them out to make the tree more balanced. :) I love Christmas, and I love putting the tree together as a family. I didn't spend as much time putting all sorts of decorations up this year. It's simple, and that's the way it will be for the season.
Saturday morning Brandon went turkey hunting with a friend. He was home by 10:00....with a bird!  I went out and did some shopping in the afternoon, and that evening we celebrated my nephew's 9 birthday.
It was so nice having Brandon around for four days. Anytime with family is the best, and for that I am thankful!

No comments: