Tuesday, September 2, 2008

And She's Off!


Camping in the living room

Ready for school

Like many others, I find it hard to believe that Labor Day has come and gone. Where did the summer go? We had a nice weekend, and we enjoyed having daddy around an extra day. We spent one evening at a local park with family. Analise rode on the rowboat, Maisie went for a bike ride in the bike trailer, and Sadie went for a walk with me and her aunt. We also spent another evening with family. Analise "camped in the living room", and I got a girls' movie night. Monday we ran errands and tackled some projects at home. Last night Analise went fishing with her daddy, and she was so excited that she caught seven fish.
This morning was the first morning of preschool, and she was excited to go. I was excited for her, too. She has great teachers, it's at our church, and I love her fellow classmates (and their moms!). It was quiet at home without her. When I picked her up, she said, "Mama, I was great!" She told me about her morning, and I already have one little song in my head.
Last Friday I wanted to spend some 1-1 time with her before this transition. So we dropped off her sisters at grandma's, and we were off. I asked her what we should do first, and she responded "Let's go to Menard's!" Such a daddy's girl. We went for a donut date instead. We then got her hair trimmed and the grand finale was grocery shopping! Not exciting for her, but it was time together. That was the first time I had been grocery shopping during the day on a week day since Sadie has been home.
Sadie is doing well...growing! She is finally drinking 4 oz. of milk a feeding. Her naps seem to be a little off. Some days she will take 30-40 minute naps. I like the two hour naps better. :)
In fact, she is up now so I better go get her.

1 comment:

Reba said...

Looks like you had a very fun weekend. The first day of school...that is a big day! She looked ready for the task though!
Reba