Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Final Day in CA

Saturday morning we awoke ready for another fun day, yet I also knew the day would go fast and our trip would come to an end. We decided to head back to La Jolla to walk along the boardwalk.
Again the weather was perfect, and we enjoyed the beautiful scenery.
 There were a lot of sea lions in this cove.






 Lovin' the palm trees
 Glad I get to spend time on earth and eternity with these friends!
 

 After we walked the boardwalk, we ate lunch at another recommended restaurant by Trip Advisor.
From there we went back to our hotel for the afternoon. Brandon and I decided to use our bike rental passes to ride bikes to Mission Beach.  The area was nutty with people everywhere, but we were able to find a quiet area on the beach.
 
 We were able to spend about an hour there walking the beach and just relaxing. I even read for awhile. :)


 Brandon liked his manly bike. :)

That evening the six of us rode out to attend church at Shadow Mountain. It was a real treat worshiping together with friends and hearing Dr. David Jeremiah.

I even got to connect with my friend, C, someone I've known since 6th grade. I hadn't seen her in several years, so it was a treat to talk in person and not just through Facebook. God is using her and her husband in the youth ministry there.
And just like that I feel like I had blinked, and the whole trip was over. After every vacation, I always wish I had just one more day. This was no exception; I wanted one more day. But instead we got up at O'Dark Thirty to catch our red eye back home. I came home sad to jump back into the craziness of life, but my heart was also full of thanks. Thanks for Christian friends whom we can travel with; beautiful weather and scenery, a hubby who look me to the zoo, and grandparents willing to love on the girls while we were gone.

No comments: