Friday, February 28, 2014

Analise's Celebrations

Analise's birthday celebrations were spread out this year. Honestly, we had a hard time coming up with a birthday party idea for friends. 1 - it's hard to find things to do in February. 2 - even harder in February in our town. We went around and around with ideas. She really wanted pedicures, but I couldn't justify paying for pedicures in the winter when she and friends don't wear sandals. She then asked for a "nail-icure." So I looked into manicures and thought we could do that. Long story short, that idea didn't work out. I kept asking myself what she really enjoyed doing, and the answer was always, "swimming."  After talking with her about it, we decided to have her party at the YMCA, even though we had done that last year with a couple of friends. 
We started the fun off with having her two closest friends come over for pizza balls and manicures by Grandma. The picture is lousy, but it reminds me of the time and care Grandma spent doing their nails.
From there we met up with the other girls at the Y.
She invited seven sweet girl friends, and all but one could come. We hung out at the Y; they played for a bit, ate a cookie that I surprised her with, and then they had a great time swimming. God even blessed me with a discounted price!


 Analise fell in love with chipmunks after feeding them in Estes Park last August.



Analise's birthday weekend was spent playing in Colorado. She got earrings from Aunt Sarena, and she was SO excited. As soon as volleyball season is over, she will get her ears pierced.
 She opened a couple of gifts at the hotel before leaving.
 I made her a pasta dish for dinner, and she was happy. We stuck a candle in the French bread.


The following Sunday night we celebrated with the Luke family. It was the one night in the month that everyone could get together. Crazy.
She requested taco soup for dinner. I made some Texas Roadhouse rolls to go with it, and Grandma surprised her with chocolate covered strawberries.
 The year to receive more bands for her loom.
 She also got some money to put towards a new bike.
 Sarah and the boys got her the soundtrack to Frozen. We have listened to it over and over. And she thinks it's the coolest thing ever to read the words on the cd jacket.

Analise wanted a Minion cake this year. I gave it my best effort.


 It took a lot of air to blow out 10 candles.
 These two are best buds and have been since they were born. They resurrected these play tunnels and used them just like they did many years ago.
It was a fun night together with family, and Analise felt loved. (And momma felt worn out. :))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have this picture on display life size in my bedroom in one of my large digital picture displays. https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tVi-K-7SiBc/UxFEygQPXXI/AAAAAAAAI1M/6JicP7TvH_c/s0/CO+trip+2+(141).JPG It is really amazing because she literally appears to be directly in front of me looking at me and smiling at me when I walk up to look at her. I remember several years ago when I walked up to kiss her for the first time. I leaned close and ran my tongue over her lips. OMG! The warm silky smooth monitor and clear sharp picture made it seem so real. I cracked up because she appears to be looking directly at me and smiling. It was incredible and I have enjoyed her ever since.