Saturday, March 23, 2013

Final Day in Florida


 We tried to take Saturday a bit more slowly in the morning. We had our annual egg casserole for our "Christmas" breakfast. We had to settle for Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in place of our coffeecake, but we didn't mind sacrificing this year. After breakfast, we all went to another outlet mall. Analise was able to find some new shoes (yeah!), and I scored a couple of deals at the Nike store. I learned I can get some sweet deals for myself off the youth rack.
We headed back to the hotel and loaded up for the 45 minute drive east to Cocoa Beach. I really didn't know which part of Cocoa Beach to go to, but we found a pier where we could eat, so we went there.
We ate outside on the pier, which we all enjoyed. Here I am waiting for my food. Brandon thought this background was funny.



 The girls enjoyed looking at the ocean; this was their first time on the coast. And God blessed with our best weather of the week; it was sunny and almost 80.
 After lunch we walked out on the pier. We enjoyed watching the fishermen and the pelicans. Notice I was a little hesitant here. I had just approached this pelican when it snapped/hissed at me. He wasn't as friendly as I thought he was.

 Our first family picture with the ocean in the background. Hope there are many more to come. :)


 One of the men fishing waited for us to walk by before tossing the leftover fish to the pelican. Brandon got some amazing pictures here, I think.
 Here are the girls getting in the water for the first time...
 ...and realizing the water is COLD!

 If I could only the post the giggles, squeals and "brrrs!"







There were several surfers out in the water. Every single one of them was wearing a wet suit. And here is my husband way out there, too, jumping waves without a wet suit. He had lots of fun, and I am thankful for that. I think I got my big toe wet the water was so cold.

 Pops got in the cold water for awhile.
 Sadie did a little warming up in the sun while the other two played in the sand.
 Sand angels



 In the span on 12 months, I had my picture taken with Brandon on both the west and east coasts. Each trip holds a special place in my heart.
After a great day at the beach, we had to say goodbye to Peg and Danny. I am so glad they spent the week with us on a trip of a life time. The rest of us went back to the hotel for much needed showers, dinner and early bed times. We were up the next morning at 4:30 to get to the airport. So sad to see the week come to an end. And yet so thankful for the opportunity to go.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brrrr! I can't believe that you all were in the water!!!! If you ever find yourself in FL, come visit me in Jax! Loved reading about your trip!
Darcy

Reba said...

I am so jealous. I have wanted a "beach" trip with my parents/sister for years. I don't think it is ever going to happen. :( Anyway, I love the pictures...the ones of the pelican catching the fish are amazing! Y'all look right at home there on the beach. :)